FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Notices

For Sale Bikes, parts and anything old school cycling you'd like to sell. Let's try to keep it to bike stuff.

Old October 9th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #1
kokies

Default Wicked Fat Chance, boston craigs

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/218016966.html
kokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 4:26 PM   #2
kevin881

for 1 dollar?
kevin881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 4:54 PM   #3
kokies

he didn't know what it was worth, basicly trying to auction it on his own. This is the detail i got from him.

Thanks for the reply... I am 5'8' and I believe the bike is for someone a little taller but i was able to ride it fine. When I go back to the berkshires I plan on getting the bike and bringing it back here - possibly this weekend. I live in Somerville and was going to use the bike as my commuter bike but too many people kept eyeing it on the street. A lot of bikers know the history behind the bike since it was built here and I always got comments from the bike messenger dudes and others.. lol. Anyways I got nervous leaving it outside and ended up getting a beater for that purpose. The bike has been treated with some sort of stuff that prevents corrosion in the lower portion of the frame..it is injected into the frame - I forgot what the product was called but was done when new as proactive measure to eliminate any corrosion and whatnot. I don't know how much the bike is worth at this point but wanted to throw out a feelers to see if there was any local interest. There is some discoloration where the seat post connects to the frame. The frame had to be heated in order to be able to move the seat post.. a cosmetic flaw. The bike does not look new by any means..
kokies is offline   Reply With Quote