Wicked Serial No.

Hey, I have a BEAUTIFUL Wicked Fat Chance, with many original parts, but also many upgrades. I need someone to tell me exactly what year this is from, because it's sort of a hand-me-down. Here's the serial no.

240W06

If anyone can search for information and tell me anything, that'd be great! Thanks!

ha

Hahaha! Well, it's almost too small, but ill be using it as much as possible! Im not selling it for a while, but it's a beautiful bike! you should check out the pictures on my profile.

BostonBobby

What a nice bike you got there. My buddy has the same exact bike with factory fork tho. I would try to get the unicrown for it- but thats just me.
I think Fat City built the wickeds as like a city bike.

tvcreative

the only people who say they built wickeds for use as a city bike, have never ridden them...

they are unbelievably sweet...no matter where your ride...

get one you'll see...i have two, and I really think they ride as nice - if not nicer - than any of my three comparably equipped YOs...

tvcreative

Oh yeah....I too think you will like a rigid much better on that bike. You can get a Black Tange threadless for about 45 - 65 bucks, they work like a champ...

the Kona 1" fork works well too

yeah

yeah, I have had some people try to persuade me to get a solid fork, and I have considered it just so i could sort of restore it to its original state for fun, but I love the Judy SL shocks. They provide the best ride ive ever had on a bike, even better than some of the new Rock Shocks. You guys ever ridden on Judys?

tvcreative

Hmm...after you ride a real shock - a judy anything - pales in comparison...try a modern bike with a FOX RLC or a one inch version of a white bros offering

buts thats just me...a hardtail rigid lovin fool.

BostonBobby

The wicked I rode was smooth and fast. Maybe it was the way it was set up with the skinny tires that made it feel like city bike. Like I said my buddy has the same model and color as the one above with salsa parts.

Retro Dude

Thumbs up for the Judy SL. I upgraded my '91 Litespeed from a Manitou I to the SL in '95 and I love it. Recently put a Switchblade on the Litespeed so I can put the SL on a Yo I'm building up, the ride is good - but stiff. I'm still up in the air about putting the SL on the Yo or going rigid.

wicked

Yeah, If you guys happen to find a wicked for sale, jump! Theyre a great bike, they ride incredibly smooth and theyre really tough, but theyre kind of hard to find in great condition. If anyone wants to buy one, get a 90-91 if it can be helped. The older they are, the more fragile of course. I highly recommend a Wicked.;)

Yo with SL

It depends on what youre going to do. If you just want to restore it to its original glory, go for the rigid. But if you ride this thing constantly, I would totally go for the SL, just for comfort and function. But I would also do some research on the Yo and see if the year that you have came with Rock shocks.

Retro Dude

Yo with SL

It's either a '95 or '96. Both catalogs show XC or maybe a painted SL in '96.

Maybe I'll stick with the SL, really like the way it works on the Litespeed (even though the LS is pre-suspension).

Id stick with the SL. I like rigids, theyre still pretty smooth, but when youre on the mountain and you go over anything a foot or higher, the shock sure travels up your arms. Rock Shocks feel goooood.