New to me Wicked

fatkid

Hello. New member here. Just won a Wicked frame off ebay. I can't wait to get it built up. It was listed as a XL size 20. The seller did not know the year. Can anyone help me date the frame? sn#587W19

fatkid

The bb is threaded. It has the tange fork and is black. Don't know if it's og paint or not but it does have decal residue on frame.

fatkid

I was curious about that. The bb was listed as 68 English. I bought the bike from pros closet eBay store. I wasn't planning on a resto or anything. I was probably gonna build it single speed or 1x10 kinda bmx cruiser style. I really hope I didn't just but someone else's problem. Any wickeds come with threaded bb?

fatkid

I attached some of the ebay pics.

Attachments

• wf2.jpg
    wf2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 44
  • wf3.jpg
    wf3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 31
  • wf4.jpg
    wf4.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
  • wf5.jpg
    wf5.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 23
  • wf6.jpg
    wf6.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 19
  • wf7.jpg
    wf7.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 26

mainlyfats

That really does look like a Fat City serial number (same dies, in the right place), so I don't think you're buying a problem.

Threads may have been cut. BB may have been replaced at the factory and re-stamped. It could have been a factory anomaly, but if it is, it'd be the first I've seen and "the book" would have clues.

fatkid

So more than likely this was an aftermarket modification? I'm really curious to see what bb works with the bike.