Seat post HELP

bruce t

Don't panic yet -- if you do a search on this site you'll come up with a number of posts from people who had similar problems.

The preferred method (least invasive) is getting some penetrating oil in the tube, and hanging the bike upside down. Which model Fat do you have? The older ones have 26.4 seatposts which are hard to find.... Yo's and Bucks have a 29.4, which is a lot easier to find (and in my estimation more expendable, if need be).

Cheers, bt

ameybrook

This has been discussed at length at retrobike.co.uk. Just do a search for stuck seatpost and you'll have a full-day's worth of reading.

26.4 seatposts are still readily available on ebay, you wont find anything 'trick,' but you'll be able to get a Kalloy or comparable.

jdbrooks14

thank you both

Don't panic yet -- if you do a search on this site you'll come up with a number of posts from people who had similar problems.

The preferred method (least invasive) is getting some penetrating oil in the tube, and hanging the bike upside down. Which model Fat do you have? The older ones have 26.4 seatposts which are hard to find.... Yo's and Bucks have a 29.4, which is a lot easier to find (and in my estimation more expendable, if need be).

Cheers, bt

mainlyfats

I've had most success...

...putting the frame with stuch seatpost into a bench vise upside down. Clamp vise to the flat section of the seatpost (clamp removed) and put a hub in the rear dropouts. Then twist using the headtube and rear dropouts for leverage.

If that doesn't work - you're up sh!t creek atmo.