1993 Buck Shaver in Lime - Project #1

Retro Dude

Here's this winter's project #1.

This is my first Buck Shaver and this is in awesome condition (thanks Miguel).

Planning to build this up with drops for a 40 mile mtb race in the Adirondaks.

Need to figure out how to get the bars up a little higher.

Attachments

• PB161254 - small.JPG
    PB161254 - small.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 56
  • PB161255 - small.JPG
    PB161255 - small.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 23
  • PB161256 - small.JPG
    PB161256 - small.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 24
  • PB161251 - small.JPG
    PB161251 - small.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 62

DocChill

Your nice Buck Shaver...

...great paintjob, I like it ;)!!! Would love to see it with classic components from the early 90's!

Best regards,
Daniel

colker

what fork is that? If it's a bridgestone..

Late Fats are low and long.. not the best geometry for a drop bar.

Retro Dude

Plan on putting a BOI up front & looking for stem with more rise. Need to get it built up some more to get a feel for rise & reach.

What do you mean "if it's a bridgestone..."?

Last edited:

Retro Dude

Have it pretty much together now, most parts are XT M73x from a '91 Stumpy.

Just got the 105 brifters from Hogplt1, will try to get cables strung this weekend.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

• P1091591.JPG
    P1091591.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1091590.JPG
    P1091590.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 25
  • P1091588.JPG
    P1091588.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P1091586.JPG
    P1091586.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 40

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The trick with drop bar mtbs is to imagine where your primary hand position (in the hooks/behind the shifters) would be if it were an equivalent flat bar and normal stem. With that set up, you'd be rockin' a pretty long stem.

colker

The trick with drop bar mtbs is to imagine where your primary hand position (in the hooks/behind the shifters) would be if it were an equivalent flat bar and normal stem. With that set up, you'd be rockin' a pretty long stem.

Long top tubes, low head tubes and drop bars... on mtbs.:eek:

Retro Dude

I'm setting this up fairly close to my Chris chance. The seat to hoods distance is identical and the distance from hoods to ground is 1" higher on the buck. The plan is to use this as a spring trainer/commuter to prep for the Black Fly Challenge in the Adirondacks, nothing hardcore - that's what the TI Fat is for.

Retro Dude

Buckshaver on vacation

Here's a couple pics from Acadia National Park this past September. The Buck with drops was perfect for the carriage roads.

Attachments

• P9182794 - Copy.JPG
    P9182794 - Copy.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0486 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0486 - Copy.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 33

I-ROBOT

Here's a couple pics from Acadia National Park this past September. The Buck with drops was perfect for the carriage roads.

My all-time favorite place to ride!! The carriage roads are amazing, 7 bridges has to be experienced to be believed
Scott

billyb

Thats sweet. My Buck was that color when I bought it new. Then it went in for a repair and I had them paint it a silvery gold.:cool: Enjoy your ride!!!