Where do I find my serial #? 90 ish Wicked?

smittylube

Hi guys,

New here, but I am the original owner of a well used wicked. I believe it to be around a 90's or 91 ish. It did come with the yellow rounded forks but I opted for the rockshock early on.

I was going to sell it when a trip to the bike shop to purchase a FS specialized for my wife the fella there mentioned about the collectors and fans and cult that follow the Fat's of years past. He suggested to check out fleabay. I did some checking and see my pride and joy is worth a bunch more than the $350 I had agreed to sell it for... Thank goodness the guy did not have the money right away. So I still have it but have not been riding it since my new purchase of a used Ventana La Bruja about a year ago.

Well the Mt bike fever has returned with a vengance as I have my new bike and my wife is going huts over mt biking now... Oh darn the bad luck.

SO Here is crummy pic if mine.

I looked all over and do not see any serial #. I suspect it would be at the bottom bracket?

fat1.jpg
fat.jpg

rick

serial number

smittylube,

Nice looking Wicked! You are looking in the right place, the serial number should be stamped on the botttom of the BB shell. Sometimes they are difficult to read and occasionally you will find a bike without a serial number at all.
You made the right decision to keep your bike; no reason that you cannot enjoy vintage steel as well as modern squishy bikes.

smittylube

Thanks I do really love the bike. lost sleep last night thinking and wondering if I still have the paperwork somewhere..

I'll clean off the bottom of the bb and see if I can see any number. Some of the dirt in the tight spots take alot of elbo grease to remove..

Steve

smittylube

After spending hours looking at the other threadsI think I will paint the forks yellow and get some new pedals for my other bike so the ones I had on this one are returned. Get some yellow straps for my clip-ons, and maybe even some yellow cables.. Should look awesome at that point.

Steve

smittylube

o 8498W does that make sense for a good serial #

It is 1/2 covered up by the cable guide.

Now I might be able to date it.

Steve

Upchuck

That's a purty one, Steve! Nice to know you'll be letting her out to see some trail action again. The best part about riding the old rigs is they'll keep you honest with your skills.

smittylube

Thanks Chuck,

Up untill a year ago that was all I knew about mt biking. Heck even then I told my wife "theres nothing wrong with this bike'

Steve