threaded or threadless

mrjarbles

As part of the repaint for a 95 Yo!, I am having a new fork made. The frame requires a 1" steerer tube. Do I stick with threaded or go threadless? I note that there are not many (if any) threadless 1" stems, so it would require a less than desirable adapter.

So, stick with threaded or go threadless?

Jack Lantern

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lucifer

If you are having a fork made by all means go threadless. The whole reason threadless was adopted was because threaded hs were constantly coming loose on mountain bikes.
Anyone who is competent to build you a fork can also build you a 1" threadless stem. Just ask them to... :)

TealisReal

Checkout Soulcraftbikes.com for a custom stem by the old Salsa guys. I'm pretty sure they can set you up with a real 1" (no adaptor) threadless stem.

It's Moto! Gaa...I guess it is one photo per night for me, see my bike in the fork repro thread.

Also, i have a nice vintage 1" x 120mm 5