Defiant

finally I received my fat today

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05676.jpg

DSC05674.jpg

DC

Wow!!!

Boy oh boy that is a pretty new toy you have there! It looks like you have a beautiful collection. Maybe you should ditch that Bomber and find a nice steelie fork to compliment that ride!
Have fun!!! What are your plans for her?:p

Defiant

Thanks guys

Have fun!!! What are your plans for her?:p

this is it for the time beeing:

Frame: 1995 Fat Chance Titanium
Fork: Tange rigid (Not in yet, untill then Bomber Z2)

Headset: Chris King titanium (no name)
Stem: Moots (custom by KISH) titanium ((not in yet but untill then Control Tech)
Handlebar: Kolo Titanium (not in yet but untill then Fiber-Lyte)
Grips: Oury

Brakes: Control Tech (NOS)
Brake Pads: Koolstop (NOS)
Brake Levers: Paul (NOS)

Shifters: Paul Thumbies
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900 (for the time beeing)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900 (for the time beeing)
Cassette: Shimano XTR titanium
Chain: not available yet
Cranks: Cook Bros RSR
Chainrings: Boone
Bottom Bracket: Royce titanium
Pedals: Onza Ho titanium

Hub Skewers: Cook Bros
Rims: Mavic 517 Ceramic
Hubs: Chris Kind classic hubs in pewter (not in yet, in transit)
Spokes: DT revolution
Tyres: Tioga Spycho II in amber (for the time beeing)

Saddle: Flight titanium
Seatpost: Syncros titanium
Seatpost Binder: Ringle with Cook bros

Weight: no clue what so ever but it feels light right now

and this will be the kick off: waiting to find parts to upgrade,..

and also i have ordered an original decal set to bring it back in is original condition

Defiant

small update

The fork is a (really called this way on the original stcker) : Tange Cr-Moly "FAT" Blades

QR for the front and rear, seatpoct clamp and Cranks are all Cook Bros racing,..all same colours scheme, Silver with black.
I kinda like that combo

FatTi.jpg

FatTangeTi.jpg

the correct wheelset, bar, stem and original decals are on it's way so in a week or 2 I hope to be finished

B

bonsaii

Is the fork the original Monster Fat fork?

I really think you should go for a BOI with metallic silver-light blue fade, the same as in the catalouge. But this has crossed your mind, I guess..? ;)

- bons

Defiant

Is the fork the original Monster Fat fork?

I really think you should go for a BOI with metallic silver-light blue fade, the same as in the catalouge. But this has crossed your mind, I guess..? ;)

- bons

yes, i have bee thinking about that but do you know a BOI for sale, with enough lenght to fit a a-head?

i guess i will have one made by Rody some time in titanium.

for the time beeing i think it looks fine, not like all the other Fat's Tianium

cheers

Bas

Defiant

thanks!

i have made a picture from the sticker which came of the fork, unfortunately during the process of sliding it in it rubbed off :(
according te sticker it is a "FAT" fork,...

Fat-Sticker.jpg

anyone know more about this?

bonsaii

yes, i have bee thinking about that but do you know a BOI for sale, with enough lenght to fit a a-head?

i guess i will have one made by Rody some time in titanium.

Sorry, mine are threaded and short. And I'm going to have forks made as well..

As for the titanium fork: is this done before? There are titanium forks made, but is it good enough? Titanium has a lower Young's modulus (approx. 1/3->1/2 depending on quality) than steel. I'm not sure, but lead to belive that with the huge amount of (cyclic)forces going trough the crown of the fork, titanium will not have good enough flexural rigidity. The original BOI FCC fork is steel, not titanium.

Anyone have a comment on this?

- bons

Defiant

titanium is absolutely not the best material for forks,..steel is better,..but how cool is titanium ;)

dvdgibson

Defiant's Ti

Nice frame Defiant! It's nice to see that you are still building perfect bikes. I hadn't realized that you bought another Serotta.
I wonder if that "Fat" fork was from the era when Fat Chance was made some frames in Asia...Their Team Chance bikes?

Defiant

Hi David,

nice to talk to you again, hope you are fine.
Yes i bought another Serotta, a TiMax from 1995, same period as the Fat Chance Titanium.
Honestly, i think this TiMax will be nicer then the ATX which turned out pretty fine aswell ;)

The Fat Blades are from 1995 also according to the part of the sticker which is still on the steerer, so this is the NY period.
I have asked around but nobody seems to know that much about it except that this a a design by Chris Chance for Tange

Today i also received the new original decals for the FatTi

FatDecals.jpg

i still have some small things to do but i guess the Fat will be finished in about a week.

Bas

AB

Decals

Just curious - Where did you get new original (NOS?) decals for you Ti FAT?