wicked or wicked lite

fat-tony

Staff member
Stupid question: are there two different models named Wicked and Wicked Lite or are these models the same. If they are different what are?

rick

Wicked vs Wicked Lite

The Lite is a later iteration of the original Wicked, which started in 1987.

The Lite, which started in about 93 or 94 (can't recall without checking the catalogs at home) had a lighter tube set (based upon the 10th IIRC), top tube cable routing and a "regular" bottom bracket.

The Wicked has always been my fave Fat, and my Lite is probably one of my favorite bikes to ride.

Doug has a very nice grey one too.

Doug Carter

Staff member
My Wicked Lite is a '93, which was the first year that it was called a Wicked Lite. It has the obnoxious 26.4mm seat tube, but it also does have a threaded bottom bracket.

Between this bike and my previous '93 Yo, they ride similarly, and my only need for a replacement Yo is sentimental value. This bike is wonderful.

d

wicked_003.jpg

wicked_004.jpg

fat-tony

Staff member
Damn Doug, what a nice looking bike. I can only imagine how that thing must ride on some single track! Thanks for the info everyone.

rick

Wicked Lite

the Wicked never changed the seat post size, always 26.4, unlike the Monster Fat/Buck Shaver/Bro Eddy which eventually changed to a larger post.

Doug, do you really think that your Lite rides like a YO? With the smaller tubing I think it is defintely more compliant.

Has anyone out there had a chance to ride a Lite and a 10th side-by-side?
I have only my 10th around the shop, would be interested in feedback from someone who has actually ridden one.

yo' djblu

I do love how when ever we all get a chance to show pics of our bikes we do!

Once again Doug great bike :) I never get tired of looking at Fats

Doug Carter

Staff member
Re: Wicked Lite

rick said:
Doug, do you really think that your Lite rides like a YO? With the smaller tubing I think it is defintely more compliant.

That's a good question, actually. Considering I have had 2 full suspension bikes and another 2 steel hardtails between my last Yo and this Wicked, I'm not so sure anymore. I never had the opportunity to ride them back-to-back, so I guess my previous comment isn't much value.

:?