Yet another decal thread

lucifer

Spikes said:
@Mainlyfats: I never needed Chris Chance Road decals, but would like a set just in case. Lat time I got a message from the Fat City Ranch was december 2005: that's where the trail ends.....

I know its not exactly what you had in mind but there are some Slim chance decals on ebay right now.

jo eddy

Decals

A guy in the german forum sells very good yo repros in two colours!!
Look by yourself.

Olli

MikeyNYC

Yet another decal thread-What Decals do you have?

All of this talk about decals had me wondering what I actually had in my stash from over the years, so here's a little tease of my FAT decal collection...From what you may be able to see here I've got:

-a Large Shop window decal.
-a few window decals.
-Original small American Flags for upper Seat Tube (Pre-"Don't Tread On Me").
-"Don't Tread On Me" Somerville decals in 2 different sizes.
-"Designed by Chris Chance" decal.
-Strange "True Temper Tube Set Designed by Chris Chance" decal.
-Original Mylar Decal Sheet of Original Logos Circa 1982-1985 (Plus some extra cut pieces).
-Mylar down tube and head tube "FAT CHANCE" decal sets in Black(1) and Yellow(3 different head tube sizes!) Circa 1985-1990? All Mint!
-Peel and Press on type down tube and head tube "FAT CHANCE" decals in White, Yellow & Blue (1 of each color) all in seemingly usable condition.
-Peel and Press on type Complete "Wicked FAT CHANCE" decal set in White (kind of dry).
-Yo Eddy purple sticker.
-Logo art sheet from what looks like about the mid 1990's probably used for catalogs and letterhead, not decals as it's B&W not color...
-I also have a bunch of "YO EDDY" temporary Tattoos (not pictured)

FYI-I Will certainly entertain questions from the group, but NONE OF IT IS FOR SALE and I apologize that I don't have time right now to scan anything (Sorry)!

Michael-NYC

Attachments

• FAT Decals.JPG
    FAT Decals.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 53

Spikes

That would be the next step: scans and sizes of the different decal sets. Then we could all get some decals made locally.

Doug Carter

Staff member
I have been contemplating doing real artwork that could be used to make reproductions for a while now. Scans of actual original art would be the best place to start. I have a lot of logos and art already created on this end so many of these things would be an easy leap for me to finish.

Just off the top of my head, bikes to start with would be:

Yo Eddy
Wicked/Wicked Lite
Fat Titanium
Buckshaver

Then what else?

The hardest ones for me to re-create will be the signature decal and hometown flags, because I don't have them flat. I have access to the Don't Tread On Me decal off of my Wicked, but not the new decals. If someone can provide hi-res scans, I can get the labor for the artwork done. If we have a source from Rody to create these, I think we're on our way to having a new source for restoration decals.

doug

Doug Carter

Staff member
For US needs, though, they are about $45 before shipping costs. I'm thinking they could be done over here for probably less, and have more supply access and options for everyone. Just a thought.

wink.gif

mainlyfats

Standard FAT CHANCE

Doug Carter said:
Just off the top of my head, bikes to start with would be:

Yo Eddy
Wicked/Wicked Lite
Fat Titanium
Buckshaver

Then what else?

The older pre-Eddy Team and regular Fat Chance decals would be great Doug. I'd buy sets of silver, black and yellow for my bikes.

And, of course, I'm losing sleep over the whole Chris Chance decals thing. My priorities are seriously out of whack (what can I say?), but if anyone has a scan of these, beers on me all night if we ever meet.

Spikes

Count me in for a set of silver Buck Shaver decals Doug! I could try to get the "Don't tread..." and Chris Chance signature from the German forum.

rody

Doug,

I've got alot of irons in the fire right now but I'll pm you this week. If we can start with a basic set of art and get it dialed, we can expand from there.

til later,

rody

stevek

If anyone can do a set of Wicked decals in silver outline I'd be very grateful, been three months waiting for them to arrive from Wendyll, guess I can kiss that money goodbye?

Fat Woodchuck

Sign me up for a set of yellow decals for my '86 FAT. In for a repaint as we speak, and would love to get them before the clear coat. Any progress?

Doug Carter

Staff member
No progress since yesterday. ;)

I am assembling the graphics and logos for items, and I have completed the art for the standard FAT CHANCE frame decal needs. I need to do some of the more universal decals needed like the flag decals and signature decals.

If anyone has any original decals and can provide high-res scans, please do let me know.

The first version of the decal sets I am working on is for Wickeds, and will be doing Yo Eddy artwork next. I think there is enough need for these that there is a good reason to go through the effort.

d

yo' djblu

I have scanned the flag and the sig. decals 600 dpi @ 100% of size. Would u like me to convert them to vector art or just upload the scans? I can do so by tomrrow evening if u want the vector. Just let me know. if so what version of illustrator do u want them saved in and would u require an eps or ai file.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Awesome! Vector is perfect. I'm using Illustrator CS2, so there won't be any problem with reading the files. Actually, if you could pass the scans along, too, that would be great. I will be trying to match colors eventually, so as many resources as I can get, would be a help.

Mail to: doug@apexspeed.com

Brilliant!
biggrin.gif

Doug Carter

Staff member
Beautiful! It's exactly what I would have done, anyway. :D

That will give me some time to develop the Wicked and Yo decals further.