Super small Wicked!

Spikes

Here is a Wicked in size 10" (!), so it is even smaller than the Yo Betty! I found it on eBay and had it resprayed in fire engine red. The matching Judy even has a matching crown. The idea is to make it into a 1x8 speed kids bike for my nephew. Lucky kid, eh? All the parts are here, so I can start building today!

Attachments

• L1000149.jpg
    L1000149.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 92

Zamfir

I'm a bit envious, would love to build a x-tra small Chance up for my Daughter.

The frame and color look great!

Spikes

The serial number is a bit odd: it reads "3X3". I might have missed a digit though. Here is the progress after an afternoon of elbow grease. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 51

rick

xs wicked

neat little bike. I have a 14" Wicked and I always thought that was the smallest size made. My wife has a 10" Yo Betty and one of our daughters used to ride a 12" until she outgrew it.
The serial number sounds like it could be a custom?

I-ROBOT

I am looking for a small any Somerville-built model Fat, Wicked, or Yo to build up for my wife if anyone is selling or knows of
Thanks
Scott

Spikes

Spikes where did This one come from ?

I found this one on eBay in very bad shape. The paint was faded light yellow (certainly not original), one bottle cage boss was torn out and the BB shell was corroded.

The company that did the repaint did a great job by installing a new bottle cage boss and rethreading the BB shell. The paint is now RAL 3000 and is has repro decals by Gil from the UK.

I was told the bike was raced on professionally by a small lady.

Spikes

Done!
spec list:
frame: Wicked Fat Chance 10"
fork: RS Judy
headset: Cane Creek S2
cranks: Truvativ Ruktion (165mm) w/ bashguard
rear derailler: Sram X4
shifters: Sram ESP something NOS
wheel: Shimano Parallax on Sun CR18 rims
seatpost: generic w/ Salsa clamp
seat: Selle Italia Junior
cockpit: Kore w/ Pedro's Slimwalls
pedals: XLC child-proof units
cage/bottle: Arundel and replica Fat bottle
brakes: Avid SD3
tires: Schwalbe Hurricane

Attachments

• _DSC1259.jpg
    _DSC1259.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 80

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
That looks boss. More pics please! Why not black bars? It seemed like it was going that way build-wise.

Spikes

That looks boss. More pics please! Why not black bars? It seemed like it was going that way build-wise.

The shop where I found the short Kore stem only had silver Kore bars left. They match the machined sides of the rims and the pedals :)

mainlyfats

Amazing job! I have a very slightly larger Ted Wojcik I'm building for my son... Envious of the tiny Fat!

Are you using a jump stop for chain derailment to the inside?

webby

I've just got a very similar one for my other half, needs some work but it will look great when finished. Will get some before and after pictures eventually!

settemarche

The serial number is a bit odd: it reads "3X3". I might have missed a digit though. Here is the progress after an afternoon of elbow grease. :)

Great looking bike. Interesting that it is a Wicked with a monostay rear triangle. My thought is that it would be an XS Buckshaver. But in looking at the toptube it is quite a bit different than the one I have.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 46

Spikes

I too had a Buck Shaver XS. To my knowledge that was 12" whereas this little puppy is only 10". I was told it is a Wicked by the previous owner, but that is my only source and I not 100% certain about that. Still, I had it restored as a Wicked as you can see ;-)