Wendyll not providing decals anymore

jbrannsten

Staff member
Guys,

I talked with Wendyll yesterday. I have had an order with her for quite some time. Anyhow, she told me that she is trying to extricate herself from the decal responsibility and she will no longer provide Fat decals, but she will fulfill my order as the last one.

Help her spread the work so she doesn't get tons of emails about decals in the future.

Cheers
Jon

Marc996

bummer i was about to order some from her for my grello yo eddy.

does anyone have a source for decent repro decals ?

jbrannsten

Staff member
...when she'd be sending me back the $50 she stole from me, did she?

Extricate on Wendyll, extricate on.

Sorry, did not mentioned anything about that. I guess we are in the same boat, I sent her $50 in October (2006 that is) and have been waiting since then. During this time I have sent numerous emails with no reply. However, I finally got through and she says my order is the last she will full.

Anyhow, I believe that it is better that she is stating that she will not be taking any more orders rather than receiving money and either not fulfill the order or do so a year later.

The decals Rody has provided us with is very good (have two sets myself).

Jon

henk19

decals

Thanks Rody, no thanks Wendyll I sent her money almost 2 years ago and have never heard anything from her except cha ching, that check was cashed. Oh well I guess it went to a good cause?

elephant

Rody's decals are nice but not exact. The original decals are available from the original decal printer who still prints them in small runs for specifically for restorations; they will only sell to reputable professional painters, though. I got some through the painter who did my frame.

Good luck.

rody

Ahh yes,

Elephants comments stem from shade of color...as I explained to him, so to will I for the entire forum.

Fat City decals were sourced from several suppliers throughout the years. With changes in suppliers, came changes in colors and designs.

I have a fairly large supply of OEM decals that I used when undertaking the project from a span of 10 years. There are at least 4 shades of yellow, 2 pink, etc...you get the picture.

The decals that I repro'd were identical copies of the early 90 Yo's (1992 to be exact) as supplied by SSSink back in the day. The art reproduction effort took over 60 hours, just to be certain that all details were included.

So, are the repros I have made for the forum exact replicas...I guess it depends on the year and manufactuer you are looking for. ;)

As this was a service project, it was worth the effort. However, you would not believe how little some people can be (present company not included).

As an FYI, the OEM is not doing any more "small" runs, simply providing professional builders and painters NOS stock. Although the screens still exist, the inks too have changed in chemical composition through the years, so even from the source, there will still be a variation in the original colors.

Moral of the story...get on yer Fat and just Ride! If she looks nice, all the better.

cheers,

rody

rody

Here's the deal with the Wicked stuff....

I shared all my art files with Gil with the understanding that he would work on the Wicked art as I worked on the Yo stuff.

Gil has completed the Wicked art.

The point we are at now is this...Gil is weighing the options of sending the art back to me and having me produce the decals, take orders, and ship

or

providing his contact information to the board and processing all the work and orders himself.

I do not have a preference, I would just like to see the decals become available for our members and their beloved rides.

So...when Gil gets back to me with his decision, I'll let you all know.

cheers,

rody

sancho

Thanks Rody

Here's the deal with the Wicked stuff....

I shared all my art files with Gil with the understanding that he would work on the Wicked art as I worked on the Yo stuff.

Gil has completed the Wicked art.

The point we are at now is this...Gil is weighing the options of sending the art back to me and having me produce the decals, take orders, and ship

or

providing his contact information to the board and processing all the work and orders himself.

I do not have a preference, I would just like to see the decals become available for our members and their beloved rides.

So...when Gil gets back to me with his decision, I'll let you all know.

cheers,

rody

Thanks for all the hard work on the decals Rody (and Gil, too). I'm assuming the process and cost for ordering a set of Wicked decals will be the same as it was for the Yo decals, no?

rody

Gil has decided to handle all the Wicked orders...check the "For Sale" section soon.

cheers,

rody