FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > New Fat Chance Discussion

New Fat Chance Discussion Forum for discussing the *NEW* Fats Chris Chance

Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:59 AM   #1
laffeaux

Default Ride reports?

So has anyone put any miles on the new frames? How do they ride?
laffeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 8:19 PM   #2
Stingercut

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
So has anyone put any miles on the new frames? How do they ride?
Are you serious ? That's a crazy idea. Sure most of them will only be wheeled out after cognac and cigars at dinner parties

Only seen one FB ride report that mentioned the lively ride and great handling.
Stingercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 1:13 PM   #3
grd

I've put over 100 miles on mine since I got it. Rides great with the rigid fork. I'm really pleased with it.
grd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 11:46 AM   #4
Wookie

I've got about a half a dozen rides on my new FC. It's an XL Lavender 29er. I'm running a 120 mm Pike, Sram GX, Thomson stem/post, Enve DH bars, Stans hoops, Slx brakes, and Maxxis Ardents. I'm in Northern Utah and weigh about 220lbs.

The new FC is similar to a mullet; it's XC in the back, and AM/trail in the front. My main ride is a Santa Cruz LTC with XO1. The Yo is more agile and quick, but not as comfortable as the SC-for obvious reasons. It climbs very well and handles decent on the downhills. My rides vary in elevation (1500'-4500'). Northern Utah trails are very loose and chunky - about 80%. The other 20% are tight, twisty, and flowy (Ogden BST, Park City, Powder Mt). Though I only plan on riding the Yo on 20% of our trails, this is where I do most of my riding.

I was concerned about flex and the max tire size on the rear, but both are non-issues. It's actually much stiffer laterally than I expected. The frame is beautiful and quite lite. It exceeded my expectations when it arrived. The powder coating was done well, and I had no issues with assembly. The Pike is a nice fit, but you could go with a Sid if you want a more XC bike. The GX is decent for the price, but a little heavy. The steel sram n/w chainrings are a bargain.

The only issue I had was the seatpost clamp. I had to tighten it more than I'd like to keep the post from slipping. I didn't face the frame professionally, but I did use Emory cloth on the head tube and BB. I think the 27.5+ will be a nice addition to the 2016 Yo, since it will add some mild suspension. I think any future hardtail purchases moving forward will include 27.5+.

I have no regrets purchasing my new FC. I look forward to riding a FS FC someday also (needed for epic all day rides). Feel free to check out some pictures of my bike on Instagram @ giordanodarren. Cheers!
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 8:25 PM   #5
dubya

How have the new bikes been treating you guys over the last year? I ordered my 27.5" Cherry Lemonade Fade 2.1 in April and am expecting it in the next month or so (hopefully). Im starting to get pretty anxious! Fox 34 Factory, XT M8000, Thomson cockpit, King bearings all around and DT rims.
dubya is offline   Reply With Quote