• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Anyone know sbrian? Still waiting for parts paid for last year

ishaw

Sbrian has come good

I bought some parts and promptly paid sbrian for them. After initial exchanges which seemed pleasant enough not to set any alarm bells ringing, things went quiet after I asked for the tracking details of the package, as over a month had gone by since they were posted and i had still not received them. I've still heard nothing despite contacting him via his registered PayPal address (that I sent payment to), retrobike private messaging and also messaging on this very forum. He has logged in to fat cogs since I sent my message, so he must simply be ignoring me. Anyone know him? Can anyone give him a nudge to get him to explain where my stuff is? I'd like the parts I've paid for obviously, or my money back but as he's ignoring all forms of communication I've tried, I've no other choice but to post this more publicly.

For reference, here's a thread I started on retrobike that was initially about the length of time I'd waited, but has now turned into a warning for anyone considering buying from him:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=242931&p=1837050#p1837050

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. sbrian, if you read this maybe you could get in touch and let me know what's going on.

Last edited:

ishaw

His eBay feedback thread isn't looking too good of late, seems a couple of people have sufferered the same fate as me, I.e. parted with money and received sweet FA.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mrsdog

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tvcreative

If you bought stuff from him via paypal and ebay, you are are covered. Start a case, and they will reimburse you and hound him.

mtbmaniac

I dont know this guy, but have you considered that perhaps he might have some acute health or family issues to deal with? I have no idea, just a thought.

ishaw

I dont know this guy, but have you considered that perhaps he might have some acute health or family issues to deal with? I have no idea, just a thought.
If he does, it must be a selective health issue as its not preventing him from logging on here and responding to other messages users have sent him.

ishaw

If you bought stuff from him via paypal and ebay, you are are covered. Start a case, and they will reimburse you and hound him.
Sadly that avenue is not available as I was strung along long enough to now be outside the dispute resolution date. I did ask a few people who had bought from him before and no alarm bells rang, and even up to the point communication stopped, he was communicative and responded to my messages. The fact that he said he'd send me tracking info, and hasn't, nor has he responded to messages on here, retrobike or to the email address associated with his PayPal account suggests be has decided to keep my money and couldn't care less that I've not received the goods I paid for. Looking at his recents at feedback, a couple of others have also had the exact same experience.

Maybe he will finally respond and this will all get sorted, but its not looking likely so just trying to warn others to steer clear. Shame as be has been selling some nice stuff, but then if you did buy any of it, its unlikely you'd ever see it.

mtbmaniac

Sadly that avenue is not available as I was strung along long enough to now be outside the dispute resolution date. I did ask a few people who had bought from him before and no alarm bells rang, and even up to the point communication stopped, he was communicative and responded to my messages. The fact that he said he'd send me tracking info, and hasn't, nor has he responded to messages on here, retrobike or to the email address associated with his PayPal account suggests be has decided to keep my money and couldn't care less that I've not received the goods I paid for. Looking at his recents at feedback, a couple of others have also had the exact same experience.

Maybe he will finally respond and this will all get sorted, but its not looking likely so just trying to warn others to steer clear. Shame as be has been selling some nice stuff, but then if you did buy any of it, its unlikely you'd ever see it.

Ok thats great, I think you have now made your point and ensured that no one will buy from this guy. Thats a sweet revenge. Now go ride your bike and let it rest for a while.

ishaw

Ok thats great, I think you have now made your point and ensured that no one will buy from this guy. Thats a sweet revenge. Now go ride your bike and let it rest for a while.
I would, but I don't have any forks ;)

ishaw

So after paying on the 30th December 2012, not hearing anything after the 29th Jan, I tried one last time to get in touch with sbrian, and got an instant response. I have now received a refund for the parts I did not receive. It really should not have taken an unltimatum (refund or report to the local PD) to illicit a response, but at least I can report that sbrian has come good and refunded me.

I hope the parts are not missing for ever and that they either finally arrive with me, or are returned back to sbrian. If the former transpires, i will of course let him know and pay for them.

burnzy

SBrian

I have met SBrian, he came to my house and bought a Karate Monkey off me last spring. He seemed like a good dude, paid cash. Grew up in Somerville and worked for Chris Chance in the shop.Said he had alot of FC stuff. Seemed busy with the family plumbing gig and bulding/buying houses.Needs a little prodding.C'Mon Smitty.

fat-tony

Staff member
I have met SBrian, he came to my house and bought a Karate Monkey off me last spring. He seemed like a good dude, paid cash. Grew up in Somerville and worked for Chris Chance in the shop.Said he had alot of FC stuff. Seemed busy with the family plumbing gig and bulding/buying houses.Needs a little prodding.C'Mon Smitty.

This has been resolved between the ishaw and sbrian. It's all good.