• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Petaluma built Salsa Ala Carte and 1988 Fisher Mt Tam

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
These are mine. I am gearing up to move to California, so I need to thin the herd. You all will be the first to know if I decide to slice off any Fats.

In the meantime though, here is a really nice Salsa Ala Carte and a fillet brazed Mt Tam. Both are phenomenal riders. Smooth, balanced, classic bikes.

Salsa Ala Carte: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/bik/2474232113.html

1989 Fisher Mt Tam: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/bik/2474212572.html
*just realized this is an '89 not an '88 since it has the full XT II group.

I am too swamped right now to do a serious packing job, but a great local shop (the Devil"s Gear) professionally packs bikes for $30 and brings them to FedEx. I happily take Paypal, or checks if you give me some time for it to clear. Then I'll take the bike to the shop, and they can run your payment info for packing and shipping.

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The sizing is either a 19" or 19.75" per Fisher, but I can check later tonight. Here is the catalogue geo below. I thought I had measured the TT at 22.5, but I want to confirm it isn't 22.25 before I say anything definitive:

scan0113.jpg

45Ronin

Ca

Where you moving to in CA Nate?

Year round riding weather that can't be beat. Settemarche is in the OC if you get anywhere near there for a ride. He has the local singletrack dialed in.

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
That'd be great! I won't be there until mid September, but getting lay of a the trails would be great. Maybe we could even do a vintage group ride.

theredchili

Im going to hold out for one of your Fats :D

Seriously, good luck with the move and hope you don't have to sell too many bikes off

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The Salsa, my medium Monster, and a Ritchey Timber Comp are all on ____ now. More ____ to come this _______.

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
No worries. I thought the 'needs a price' rational was to keep threads from turning into a bidding war. Shouldn't linking to an eBay auction be a different matter?

Could we clarify the policy? It sort of sits between MTBR and RBUK. As it is written, it seems more like a policy for sales on the site than a policy about linking to sales at other places.

1) For sale here with a set price = GOOD
2) Auction listings and craigslist that don't belong to you = GOOD?
3) Link to member's eBay auction with a BIN = GOOD?

4) For sale here, but with no set price = BAD
5) For sale here, with a really high set price and an implicit suggestion for offers = BAD
6) Link to off-site auction from members here = BAD
7) Suggestion to look on eBay for a member's auctions = BAD

That said, I've seen the BAD 4-5-6-7 happen here in various guises. In any case, I will delete my suggestion to look for outside auctions above--No prob at all!---but if we could get a weigh-in on this from Doug or John that would be great.

Upchuck

No worries. I thought the 'needs a price' rational was to keep threads from turning into a bidding war. Shouldn't linking to an eBay auction be a different matter?

Could we clarify the policy? It sort of sits between MTBR and RBUK. As it is written, it seems more like a policy for sales on the site than a policy about linking to sales at other...

Agreed.

fat-tony

Staff member

Could we clarify the policy? It sort of sits between MTBR and RBUK. As it is written, it seems more like a policy for sales on the site than a policy about linking to sales at other places.

1) For sale here with a set price = GOOD
2) Auction listings and craigslist that don't belong to you = GOOD?
3) Link to member's eBay auction with a BIN = GOOD?

4) For sale here, but with no set price = BAD
5) For sale here, with a really high set price and an implicit suggestion for offers = BAD
6) Link to off-site auction from members here = BAD
7) Suggestion to look on eBay for a member's auctions = BAD

That said, I've seen the BAD 4-5-6-7 happen here in various guises. In any case, I will delete my suggestion to look for outside auctions above--No prob at all!---but if we could get a weigh-in on this from Doug or John that would be great.

Yeah, anything is cool with me, but need Doug or John to chime in...... no worries, I am just the enforcer : )