Shock A Billy Sizing

anto

I'm looking at a '94 Shock A Billy size M on ebay in Europe and am unsure if the size is right for me. I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam. I'm afraid it's going to be too small, but the owner says it will fit... and it's such a beautiful ride I'd hate to let it go. In case you haven't seen it...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290030831178&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

If you guys have any insight on pricing, that would be helpful too. It's starting bid is $1,300. Pretty steep, but what a beautiful bike...

Thanks guys, I appreciate any feedback.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yo Eddy!

Steep? That is about the price an uggly, terrible specced Cube costs :D ....and the FAT very likely doesn't depreciate at Cube pace too ;) The XTR and Syncros parts -in particular the cranks- are very nice pieces. Imo it is not seriously overprized, also considering condition.

I think the bike is in particular interesting for someone who likes to add a new piece to the collection. For riding I think there are better suited offerings. Personally I would be affraid riding the AMP rear in pieces, but I like everything overbuilt.

Sizing: Seems you are a tad taller then me. I think my M Yo is the right for me. A friends' M/L I find too long. I don't know whether Yo's and SaB's substantially differ, This can be checked overhere: www.mtb-kataloge.de My guess is, but don't pin me down at it, that it is on the small side, but it isn't too small.

anto

Thanks for the feedback. Your point on the cube is, of course, well taken. However, comparisons with new bikes are always tricky... I was actually looking at a Stumpjumper, but that's almost 3x the price of this one. Plus they can't deliver the 2007s for a few more weeks...

As far as the AMP rear end is concerned, I understand your concern. However, I certainly don't plan on thrashing this beauty, I've got a Yo back in the states that I'm missing and this would compensate nicely.

Thanks again for the input, I'll keep you posted.