u-brakes?

smittylube

I am looking for a set of V-brakes for my 91 wicked.. black would go well, but silver would match the rims. I cannot seem to get my canti brakes just right..
willing to trade for a salsa stem 1" in pretty good condition if someone needs..

Steve

Last edited:

mainlyfats

I am looking for a set of V-brakes for my 91 wicked.. black would go well, but silver would match the rims. I cannot seem to get my canti brakes just right..
willing to trade for a salsa stem 1" in pretty good condition if someone needs..

Steve

V or U?

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
What's the length and rise on the stem? I have a new set of Avid v-brakes and levers I'm (possibly) not using.

smittylube

6" center to center with i guess 10 or 15 rise.. Salsa with wheel. stickers are good , paint is mostly really good. the edge by the bars left side chipped and some scuffing by the quill same side

Steve

Attachments

• bars-sm.gif
    bars-sm.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 3
  • bars1-sm.jpg
    bars1-sm.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Cool stem---that's what was on my '91 Yo originally. Now alas....it's a bit longer than I'd be looking for.

Thanks for the info+ pics though!

smittylube

I could buy new v-brake pretty cheap , medium price and expensive.. maybe someone could fill me in on what is different from the say avid 5 /7/ ultra etc.. Rody just finished my yo style fork for my wicked and the V-brake would be much easier (and work better) so I wont need a cable mount for the new fork.. ( I went threadless for weight reduction.. )

Should I go back to the builders section for this question?

Steve

smittylube

Awesome. Xtr will look awesome with the xt stuff already
I'll take them. Is there anything u might b looking for? Stock seat, thumbies?

Steve.