tire suggestions for fully rigid Yo

Theodorus

Hey there,

After spending the last year restoring my '91 Yo Eddy (I am the original owner) and enjoying using it as an urban assault type of thing, I have decided to shelve the derailleurs and slicks and set it up as a singe speed. I'd like to use it on local single track, which here in Florida means twisty, rooty and flat, and occasionally sandy. I have the original rigid fork, so I'd like something up front that is pretty big and cushy without creating clearance problems. For what it's worth, the bike is a resto-mod of sorts, as I am using some vintage stuff like XTR900 hubs and brakes, original Bontrager rims, Kore stem, etc. but new riser bars, levers and crank and a non-original pearl white paint job. In other words, the tires do not have to be period specific.

Anyone have a tire suggestion that will fit the bill?

DC

http://www.geax.com/home/
I've been playing around with some skins from these guys. So far the Barro Mountains are keepers, the 2.3 version, they have done great for me so far.(Hardpack,mud,sand,snow,some pavement, roots and rocks)

There are a bunch of great tires for us rigid guys these days(thanks freeriders!). Just be sure to pick a round profile 2.3ish for the front end.

FYI I stuffed a 2.6 DH Kenda on the front of my non suspy Yo and it fit in there!(barely) That thing had a cushier ride than an elastomer Manitou.