Stem

peter7256

Hi there I have a question about my 1995 Yo Eddy M/L . I love my bike but i think i have to replace my stem, i bought my bike from a very tall person who had fitted a 150 mm stem onto it, i'm thinking of bying a shorter stem but what size shold I go for 110, 120, 130 ? I am 187 cm tall = 6 foot 1 & 1/2"
Are grateful for any answers ,,

// Peter

Last edited:

clockworkgazz

peter, there is no easy answer. You will just have to work out the best size for your body frame- do you have another bike that feels comfortable? measure the length from the middle of the seat to the end of the stem on that bike and then buy a stem that gives you the same length on the fat. hope that this makes sense.

Gary

peter7256

peter, there is no easy answer. You will just have to work out the best size for your body frame- do you have another bike that feels comfortable? measure the length from the middle of the seat to the end of the stem on that bike and then buy a stem that gives you the same length on the fat. hope that this makes sense.

Gary

Ok tnx alot, that make alot of sense, i did that and came up with that I need a 130mm stem. do you no if theres any 1" stems for a 25.4 handlebar out there?