FAT Yo Eddy Seat tube

jonrock

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for ages as I've been messing about with Kleins...

I need to get the seat tube changed on a Yo but my builder can't get the seat tubes anymore.

True Temper in 29.4 right?

Any ideas where I can source one?

Cheers

J

nader

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for ages as I've been messing about with Kleins...

I need to get the seat tube changed on a Yo but my builder can't get the seat tubes anymore.

True Temper in 29.4 right?

Any ideas where I can source one?

Cheers

J

yes True Temper with internal dim in 29.4 but no idea about source (perhaps Gebla)

retrobate

Regarding seat tube repairs, Im sure that I-ROBOT/Scott Bengtson mentioned on a thread here that the seat tube on a Yo is 2 parts welded together so it may not be necessary to remove the entire tube to repair your frame instead leaving the seat cluster intact and retaining the 29.4mm seat post size

In fact I think Rody (Groovy cycles) blogged or posted (Fatcogs or either of the frame building forums on velocipede salon or MTBR) a repair as described above.

Hope this may be of help

retrobate

Would that be a welded or brazed repair? I think Kevin Winter is the chap that has done welded seat tube repairs on Yo's in the UK

I-ROBOT

Interesting construction! Did he make some type of wrap-around sleeve? I see the braze joint extending along the axis of the tube. Looks like some type of brass or bronze filler metal was used for brazing.

I would like to know more about the method. Let me know if possible

Scott