• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Brave / Bontrager frame set - Minty!

Jack Lantern

1989 Teesdale built Brave Warrior frame w/painted-to-match Bontrager fork & Ritchey fillet brazed stem, and XT headset. Frame, fork, and stem were repainted & decaled by Tom Teesdale last year and have only one ride on them since. With the exception of marks on the dropouts and front derailleur band this thing is immaculate. The color I was going for was kind of a southwest red rock and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The seat tube measures 18" c-c and the top tube 22.5" c-c. The Bontrager fork was NOS when I sent it to Teesdale for painting so really it has one trail ride and a couple of trips around the block on it. The XT headset, with the exception of the locknut, was NOS as well upon buildup. I had misplaced the original locknut and used an older one that had a few wrench marks on it. Quill portion of stem has a few marks on it from insertion, nothing bad though.

You'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner and cooler one of these, esp with a painted-to-match Bonty fork. It really compliments the frame nicely. Hate to sell it as it took me quite a while to find one in my size. Every time I found one it was a 20 to 22" frame. Got some bills to pay and this represents the last in line in my garage.

$500 obo

Attachments

• 100_3767.jpg
    100_3767.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_3768.jpg
    100_3768.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_3769.jpg
    100_3769.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_3770.jpg
    100_3770.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_3771.jpg
    100_3771.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_3773.jpg
    100_3773.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

fat66

1989 Teesdale built Brave Warrior frame w/painted-to-match Bontrager fork & Ritchey fillet brazed stem, and XT headset. Frame, fork, and stem were repainted & decaled by Tom Teesdale last year and have only one ride on them since. With the exception of marks on the dropouts and front derailleur band this thing is immaculate. The color I was going for was kind of a southwest red rock and I'm very happy with how it turned out. The seat tube measures 18" c-c and the top tube 22.5" c-c. The Bontrager fork was NOS when I sent it to Teesdale for painting so really it has one trail ride and a couple of trips around the block on it. The XT headset, with the exception of the locknut, was NOS as well upon buildup. I had misplaced the original locknut and used an older one that had a few wrench marks on it. Quill portion of stem has a few marks on it from insertion, nothing bad though.

You'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner and cooler one of these, esp with a painted-to-match Bonty fork. It really compliments the frame nicely. Hate to sell it as it took me quite a while to find one in my size. Every time I found one it was a 20 to 22" frame. Got some bills to pay and this represents the last in line in my garage.

$600 obo
Did this frame ever sell?

Jack Lantern

Bump.....new price.

I currently have it set up threadless with a Control Tech stem. I'll include the original painted-to-match quill stem along with a threaded steerer for the Bonty fork.

Last edited: