New Cockpit on my TI Fat

Jeeves

Hi guys!

Sorry for the dirty bike!

I bought this 94 TI brand new back in the day. Until this week, it was stock save for a new saddle. The "wicked lite" color decals were a special request, as I didn't like the bright blue at the time. Anyhow, I finally trashed the ultra-light Nuke Proof carbon combo bar it came with...so, I just went out and bought this ultra-trick JONES H-Bar - and it ROCKS. Only drawback? I had to ditch my old rapidfire shifters, and shell out for new shifters, levers and stem. (OK, that was a financial drawback, but the benefits far outweighed that!)

I'll be upgrading from the LX levers as soon as I can, but they'll do for now. Oh, and the shimano barcons on the PAUL adaptors are AWESOME. They work much better than the XTR rapidfires. The bar rides beautifully - the concept is a modern reworking of the old school mustache handlebar. You ride more upright, but you have much more control thanks to the multiple hand positions that allow you to use your muscles better. On the first ride, I was clearing sections that I normally walked - seriously cool! It's like having a new bike - in handling and looks! Hope the pic works for you guys.

Raj

Attachments

• IMG_5732.jpg
    IMG_5732.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5691.jpg
    IMG_5691.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5746.jpg
    IMG_5746.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 106

fat-tony

Staff member
Dean seatpost on this Ti

Anybody out there know a source for some replacement decals/vinyl stickers for a Dean seatpost? My post suffers from the same peeling as this one. I have contacted Dean and after about 3 months of waiting, they sent me new ones that don't match the vintage stuff.

Jeeves

Heh! if you find out let me know. I watched the mechanic who built my TI botch up those decals as he clamped the post in the work stand. So I've NEVER had clean stickers on my post!

-Raj