Valuation Assistance

cbh

Hello All,

I am the original owner of a 1994 lime green buckshaver and hoping to get some help determining the value of my bike. It was ridden pretty frequently when I was in college in the mid 90s, but work and the real world seemed to get in the way. I kicked around the idea of updating the bike a bit about 6 or 7 years ago and purchased a marzocci suspension fork but only rode it a couple of times. It obviously needs some work but it has always been stored indoors or in my garage and is in pretty nice shape. As our family grows I'm getting pressure to get rid of the bike so I was hoping you all could help me determine the value.

As I mentioned, it's got a 1" marzoocci fork, but almost everything else is vintage - salsa rasta skewers, contol stix, some old XT parts, etc. I've attempted to post a few pictures as a reference.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-Chris

Attachments

• fat chance.jpg
    fat chance.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 27
  • front fat.jpg
    front fat.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 21
  • fat fork.jpg
    fat fork.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 19
  • mass flag.jpg
    mass flag.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 20
Hello All,

I am the original owner of a 1994 lime green buckshaver and hoping to get some help determining the value of my bike. It was ridden pretty frequently when I was in college in the mid 90s, but work and the real world seemed to get in the way. I kicked around the idea of updating the bike a bit about 6 or 7 years ago and purchased a marzocci suspension fork but only rode it a couple of times. It obviously needs some work but it has always been stored indoors or in my garage and is in pretty nice shape. As our family grows I'm getting pressure to get rid of the bike so I was hoping you all could help me determine the value.

As I mentioned, it's got a 1" marzoocci fork, but almost everything else is vintage - salsa rasta skewers, contol stix, some old XT parts, etc. I've attempted to post a few pictures as a reference.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-Chris

Hi Chris, Beautiful Green Color on the Buck! Hard to determine the exact value but if you check the classifieds there is someone else selling a similar Buck Frame (with cheaper Suspension Fork) for $400 & so far no takers as far as I can see. I can tell you that original rigid Fat City Forks on the bikes command the largest premium (in many cases the rigid forks are worth more than the frame!). Suspension Forks on Fats do not command as much money (not by a long shot). You might want to check ebay to see what past Bucks have sold for. My gut tells me anywhere from $300-$500 is what it would go for on ebay which is probably a good guess on value as a complete bike in good shape. Hope that helps. Jon

mainlyfats

Hi Chris, Beautiful Green Color on the Buck! Hard to determine the exact value but if you check the classifieds there is someone else selling a similar Buck Frame (with cheaper Suspension Fork) for $400 & so far no takers as far as I can see. I can tell you that original rigid Fat City Forks on the bikes command the largest premium (in many cases the rigid forks are worth more than the frame!). Suspension Forks on Fats do not command as much money (not by a long shot). You might want to check ebay to see what past Bucks have sold for. My gut tells me anywhere from $300-$500 is what it would go for on ebay which is probably a good guess on value as a complete bike in good shape. Hope that helps. Jon

+1 Right around $400 would be my guess too.

Syborg

In this good overall condition I would get a price of 400 - 500 €. Lime green Buck Shavers are finally not available at every street corner. All in all, nice bike :thup:

cbh

Thank you all for the feedback. I checked ebay, but didn't find any buckshavers in my search. About the closest I found was a 93 monster that was just under $400, which seems right in line with your estimates.

I've seen some of those prices the rigid forks are commanding! When I ordered my bike I opted to go with a Manitou (Manitou 2 or 3 I think) rather than a rigid. It blew up in 2006 so I bought the new fork, but it is slightly taller than my manitou so it never felt as good as it originally did.