Aussie Fat Rider photo

bushrangermtb

Hi guys

Became custodian of this frame about a decade ago. Someone left it to me cause I was the only one in our parts that knew what it was. He said never sell it... as if.

anyhow.... the wind got it and I'm just getting a minor repair done by a frame builder. Just a cable guide. Its a 1989 team Yo Eddy. I've had the head tube changed to 1 1/8th... which some of won't take kindly too... but we just don't have access to inch stuff here.... anyhow its rock solid and I love riding it. I'm looking for some new decals.... and I'm going to get it powder coated in bright pink...

parts list include king hubs, syncros rims, steely danz cromo cranks, thomson stem, origin 8 m shape bars - like mary h bars, syncros headset, american classic post, flite seat, time pedals and avid ultimate v brakes. Prob weighs about 9.something kilo and is shiploads of fun. I run a 34, 18 combo cause we have lots of hills.
index.php

check it out here if it doesn't come up

DC

Welcome to Fat Cogs!
That is a tight looking rig, and will be even sweeter PINK!
Ride it proud.

bushrangermtb

You had a headtube replaced? Dude - that's devotion. Welcome to Fat Cogs!

yep... you just can't get inch forks over here... so I had a guy lathe up a head tube out of a steel that exhibits the same properties as the rest of the FAT. He was surprised at the quality of the steel. I wasn't :)

Having issues replacing the decals this time round though. Last time I got a set of yobetty I think it was on ebay...

DC

"Having issues replacing the decals this time round though. Last time I got a set of yobetty I think it was on ebay..."

Rody @ Groovy Cycleworks sells Yo decals in several colors

pkbinder

decals

Also try Gary Prang at sssink for decals. He is the original supplier for Fat City, but he will only sell them to certified refinishers. Rody is god,too.

pkbinder

I was thinking of Eric Clapton

Rody has some beautiful creations, but I may have mispoke when I said he was god.

Butcher

Nice looking fat, but I don't think it's a Yo. There was a "Team Fat Chance" bike that was different from the Yo Eddy. It had slightly different angles and less of a slope to the top tube, and did not have the top tube cable stops. From the picture it looks like your ride has down tube derailleur routing. You can figure it out from the serial number if you're interested.

bonsaii

Nice looking fat, but I don't think it's a Yo. There was a "Team Fat Chance" bike that was different from the Yo Eddy. It had slightly different angles and less of a slope to the top tube, and did not have the top tube cable stops. From the picture it looks like your ride has down tube derailleur routing. You can figure it out from the serial number if you're interested.

Is'nt it a Wicked?

For the record:
I don't like the tampering with the originals, specially the steel. Paint is one thing, if in really bad condition..

Of course there is 1" equipment in Austrailia. And on the internet. Everywhere there's 1" stuff.:confused:

Ehhemm, but off course it's your Iron.. My opinion does'nt count.

-bons