Grello came across the pond!

tvcreative

live a little, have some fun, it's a bike not a museum piece...I change out cables like i change drawers...for me it's worth a look-n-see.

doesn't sombody have a black monster with shocking pink cables and grips in this forum?

besides i gotta do something to distinguish these bikes, from my garage full of huffy's painted the same colors.....

nader

live a little, have some fun, it's a bike not a museum piece...I change out cables like i change drawers...for me it's worth a look-n-see.

:thup::thup:

doesn't sombody have a black monster with shocking pink cables and grips in this forum?

but I really like that monster ;)

--

Ok guys here is a picture with black cables, does not look bad, right?

yo-eddy075.jpg

I think i can replace the cables time and again, now that's not so important (but the color pink can shoot better :D).

Today I modified my xt ring bit so it fits on my cooks and have replaced my xt bottom bracket with a new one (cooks needs at least 132mm :(). It is only used as temporary solution and will eventually be replaced by another (Phil Wood)

yo-eddy076.jpg

yo-eddy077.jpg

yo-eddy080.jpg

and it turns :D:D

yo-eddy079.jpg

Salut

nader

hi folks

I'm getting close, i'm almost there. :D
The king headset and the seatpost are here, need only the handles and pedals, then I can start with the driving. ;)

yo-eddy096.jpg

yo-eddy097.jpg

yo-eddy098.jpg

nader

headset and seatpost are mounted :D

..the king by night

yo-eddy099.jpg

yo-eddy101.jpg

yo-eddy102.jpg

..and by day :kissyface

yo-eddy103.jpg

yo-eddy104.jpg

..and some impressions

yo-eddy105.jpg

yo-eddy106.jpg

wish you much fun!

tvcreative

is it soup yet?

thank you for making a 2 and a half hour task in my shop...into a two and a half month pictorial. I am hooked, this may be my favorite thread of the year...

best wishes

Jim

Wow...

That is absolutely beautiful. did you restore some paint too? That is seriously the best condition Ive ever seen a fat chance in. The condition of the paint is just incredible!

nader

hi grello friends! :)

i have mounted the pedals (XT PD-M737) and the smallest chainring has been included with spacer on cooks. Soon come the odi attack grips, then I can start the first test drive :D

yo-eddy110.jpg

yo-eddy111.jpg

yo-eddy112.jpg

yo-eddy113.jpg

yo-eddy114.jpg

yo-eddy115.jpg

yo-eddy116.jpg

Salut

nader

the task is completed! (at least in the first version ;) )

..of course any criticism is welcome :D

yo-eddy120.jpg

yo-eddy121.jpg

yo-eddy122.jpg

yo-eddy123.jpg

yo-eddy124.jpg

yo-eddy125.jpg

tvcreative

good job!

i like it...great job, no critique from me...

as always, i am a fan of rigid vs springy on the front end, but my aggressive days in the saddle are long gone...

rmp

The dumbest thing I ever did was stripping the Grello paint from my 1990 Wicked. I want that finish back so bad.

Who is the go-to guy for Grello Re-do's in the states these days?

rmp

nader

The dumbest thing I ever did was stripping the Grello paint from my 1990 Wicked. I want that finish back so bad.

and why did you it? :confused: ..the grello is unique ;)

I decided, the black cables fit much better and will remain forever on it.

yo-eddy129.jpg

cheers

rmp

and why did you it? :confused: ..the grello is unique ;)

My reasoning at the time was something less flashy to leave locked up while at college. It was my only bike, and the Grello wasn't exactly subtle.

I had Fat do an Arrest Me Red! respray back in 1996, but I badly want the Grello back.

rmp

nader

I had Fat do an Arrest Me Red! respray back in 1996, but I badly want the Grello back.
maybe you get lucky and find one, never give up hope ;)

folks!

The Grello would like to thank you, thank you for your attention with some autumn pics.

yo-eddy131.jpg

yo-eddy132.jpg

Today was the first test, absolute genius! :D
the combination of yo eddy, cooks 181, and the h

nader

today i've taken jokingly two white tires, just wanted to see how it looks :mad: not bad but on Grello do not match at all!

Still want try the panaracer blackwall or skinwall. ;)

yo-eddy141.jpg
<

yo-eddy142.jpg

yo-eddy143.jpg

yo-eddy144.jpg