• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

A 92 Fat Ti on Guess where? Yep you got it Ebay

AB

Yep no doubt about it an interesting frame. I'd guess 1,400.00+ ... which is quite a bit for pretty much a wall hanging. In my opinion of course.

lucifer

AB said:
Yep no doubt about it an interesting frame. I'd guess 1,400.00+ ... which is quite a bit for pretty much a wall hanging. In my opinion of course.

Why do you see it as a wall hanging? I'd ride the crap out of that bike.

Bssc

The drop outs are machine cut by hand on a Bridgeport mill, later drop outs were water jet cut in the same shop that the Merlin drop outs were cut in.

I believe these are the best riding Ti frames of the era and are still a top performer. I kick myself every time I see one in my size for sale as I should have bought one new when I had the Chance.

Mojo Troll

Looks like this one's going to fetch top dollar. I suspect $1200 or so. Only the second TI built, hand built by Chris no less. Personally I think Joe's making a mistake selling it. I'd hang it on the garage wall and tell stories around it while drinking beer. Ahhh the good 'ol days.

AB

From what I can tell some of the very early Ti frames did have some structural problems ( see 013T3M ) and if you look closely some of the welds on this frame are not idea. Like other industries bike building is an evolution with trial and error. However, since I wasn't there in Somerville it's just my opinion.

Bssc

Welds are fine not pretty because you are compaing them to cross alley frames. There was lot of help avaliable to the welders just for the asking from across the alley.