• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

s/m yo frame and fork, going fast on ebay

AB

Pretty nice .. good luck. Interestingly no toothpick - would have help save the paint. Might go for a fairly decent price.

AB

correction

My mistake - toothpick is there just didn't look closely enough.

bushpig

Seller seems to have some sort of scheme in mind. I received a PM from the seller saying that the price was $1200.

settemarche

bushpig said:
Seller seems to have some sort of scheme in mind. I received a PM from the seller saying that the price was $1200.

Bushy,

i got that same cancellation and e-mail. bike is to small for me. not going to be that kind to the wife - again ;-0

Sette

AB

I saw the cancellation too and thought that it was pretty odd. Too bad some ebayers can't play by the rules and have some integrity.

fat-tony

Staff member
Seems to be a SCAM!

bushpig said:

email I received:

I closed the auction for you.
Free shipping.
Shipping method: CARGUS Courier.
Time delivery: 3 days.

I'm from Romania and in my country PayPal service is not available yet.
We can use CARGUS Exchange Collet(through CARGUS Shipping - www.CARGUS-shipping.net).
I'll send the product via CARGUS 3 days Air.
After that you will receive the innstructions for payment via email and you will send the money via Western Union to a CARGUS agent.
CARGUS will inspect the goods and will confirm the payment and will make the exchange.
This method is ok for you?

I'll wait for your reply asap!

Best regards!

fat-tony

Staff member
AB said:
Yeah ... sounds completely honest - sure. Best to past on this one IMO.

My email response to them (but for some reason I have not heard back yet);)

"That doesn't seem fair. How about you send me a certified check for $2,000 and the bike! That method would be okay with me"

Jack Lantern

What a bite. To see something this nice, have the cash for it, yet have the seller act in such a mysterious, fraudulent manner.

AB

The whole thing seems strange. The seller is suppose to be from Michigan(registered since 2004) and their feedback is OK, but they ended the auction early for some reason too. If they're legit I would expect them to give it another try, but that doesn't explain the odd auction events.

Jack Lantern

I sent the seller an email asking what gives, this was his response:

I cancelled the auction because a spoof emailer got into my account and canceled all the bids with only about 19 hours to go, so I decided to cancel the auction and relist it in a week or so. Yes, I am in Rochester Michigan. The shipping calculater doesn't seem to work on Ebay thats why I put double check at UPS.com but I think shipping would be about $50-$75.00 to ship to most places. Sorry about any inconvience this has caused, it's really ticked me off but I'v learned something the hard way. So if you're interested in the bike look for it to be relisted. Thanks for your interest.

...interesting.

kevin881

Jack Lantern said:
I sent the seller an email asking what gives, this was his response:

I cancelled the auction because a spoof emailer got into my account and canceled all the bids with only about 19 hours to go, so I decided to cancel the auction and relist it in a week or so. Yes, I am in Rochester Michigan. The shipping calculater doesn't seem to work on Ebay thats why I put double check at UPS.com but I think shipping would be about $50-$75.00 to ship to most places. Sorry about any inconvience this has caused, it's really ticked me off but I'v learned something the hard way. So if you're interested in the bike look for it to be relisted. Thanks for your interest.

...interesting.

actually, this sounds like a viable explaination... he got his account hacked.

settemarche

kevin881 said:
actually, this sounds like a viable explaination... he got his account hacked.

you guys think that is legit? i guess it is possible - but i still do not understand how someone can hack in and cancel the bids on your auction? what is there to gain by doing that?

blows anyways - that bike it to small for me. as stated previously - the wife ain't getting another Fat before me!

fat-tony

Staff member
settemarche said:
you guys think that is legit? i guess it is possible - but i still do not understand how someone can hack in and cancel the bids on your auction? what is there to gain by doing that

After several beers one night last week I cast a bid for the bike (knowing I needed to save my money to finish what I have started, but you know, anyway) This put me on the bid list. What was gained was for the new poser seller to have access to the account so that he/she would be able to fish for someone to buy the bike out right, but never actually ship the bike, because the person did not have the bike. I received one of these email from the poser. The person "hacked" by sending an email to the true seller who for some reason gave away their eBay password granting access to there account!

the bike is back up on ebay, but I will not be bidding (at least for now, I am not drinking beers).

Zook

fat-tony said:
After several beers one night last week I cast a bid for the bike (knowing I needed to save my money to finish what I have started, but you know, anyway) This put me on the bid list. What was gained was for the new poser seller to have access to the account so that he/she would be able to fish for someone to buy the bike out right, but never actually ship the bike, because the person did not have the bike. I received one of these email from the poser. The person "hacked" by sending an email to the true seller who for some reason gave away their eBay password granting access to there account!

the bike is back up on ebay, but I will not be bidding (at least for now, I am not drinking beers).

Ya, this scam is crazy, it happened to a Pegoretti bike auction I was watching last week also. Strange that the phishers have such good taste in bikes.

kevin881

Well I got pfished today and it was pretty damn dumb of me to bite. I was bidding on the yo which is located here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...80013847307&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

if you scroll down and read the questions asked by buyers... the 2nd one down is a guy asking "if this is the same listing as..." and then he has a URL.

If you put the URL into your browser, it takes you to a page that looks just like an ebay login page. DO NOT LOG IN. This is actually some romanian URL and if you enter your username and password, all they are doing is recording the info.

Well I did that last night late... when I entered my username and password it said "page not found"

Around noon today I am sitting at my cpu and 9 emails suddenly come through from ebayers. They are replies to questions I had supposedly asked about cameras and electronics! I logged into my ebay and wasnt bidding on anything, I quickly changed my password and began to figure out what happened.

I emailed all the people who are still continuing to reply to "my" questions about cameras and stuff that they should change their passwords and I explained the situation to them.

Anyhow, it was pretty dumb of me. I am not an "AOL" person... I just was not on my toes while bidding on that frame...

So, I guess thats how someone gets pfished. I guess that the other guy had bids canceled so that the person who pfished his account could be the high bidder and get the bike for cheap? I dunno.

Damn scammers are everywhere.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.