Wanted to buy....

What can I reasonably expect to pay for a Wicked frame set in decent condition? I don't know much about these, as I am a GT guy.....Is there any faking going on with Fats as with the GT Zaskars that end up being Panteras, Avalanches, etc with new decals? I'm looking for something that will end up being ridden quite a bit.

ameybrook

Wickeds in good condition typically sell for between $300 and $500 for framesets, more for complete bikes, but not by a whole lot.

A FAT is pretty hard to fake. Lots of frame "tells" to distiguish them (press fit BBs, bullet stays, etc).

mainlyfats

A standard issue Fat Chance, Team Comp or Kicker could be stickered as a Wicked though. The tells there are frame weight, angles and lengths. Pretty much every Fat Chance catalogue is online now though, so you should easily be able to spot a re-badge job.

Model is a part of the serial number: all Wickeds AFAIK have a W in there somewhere.

Watch out for the Canadian fake Fats though (more of a fake Yo! by the stickers than a Wicked); search the threads for Concorde and you'll find what I'm talking about.