Sun Chinook rims

DaveH

What do you guys think about Sun Chinook rims? Has anyone used them back in the day? Pros, cons,

Thanks

DaveH

rick

sun rims

Back in the day (when there were not so many choices) I always liked Sun rims (american made and all that) and they were reasonably priced and not too heavy. I have run the Chinooks on a few bikes, would probbaly be appropriate for your older Fat depending on age.

settemarche

What do you guys think about Sun Chinook rims? Has anyone used them back in the day? Pros, cons,

Thanks

DaveH

DH,

i do like the Sun. however, i think the Chinooks come san eyelets? for some reason i like the eyelets?

my 2 sense,

Sette

DaveH

Since my search for a NOS M231 is proving very difficult I grabbed these to get the bike rolling till I can find one. These came a bit cheaper ($15.60) than the last set of NOS M231 that went for $463.00 on ebay! Back in the day I always used Mavic but now im liking the fact that the Sun's are american made.

Yo Eddy!

I use several wheels with them

I think the below are CR18s. They are the ones without eyelets. I never faced probelems with that. I believe they are a bit reinforced in the middle section (thicker wall), compared to the model with eyelets (CR19?). If I recal correctly they weigh 410gr.

In my experience the walls do not wear quick because of braking.

I still run them ...what I am happy with, as finding other decent blue rims will be difficult.

attachment.php

settemarche

Since my search for a NOS M231 is proving very difficult I grabbed these to get the bike rolling till I can find one. These came a bit cheaper ($15.60) than the last set of NOS M231 that went for $463.00 on ebay! Back in the day I always used Mavic but now im liking the fact that the Sun's are american made.

DH,

i was going to mention that 231 sale. quite out of control. much of the early stuff came without eyelets. in fact i just scored a Bullseye/Araya wheelset that does not have eyelets. why not run it? looks to me that they will work just fine.

Sette

DaveH

DH,

i was going to mention that 231 sale. quite out of control. much of the early stuff came without eyelets. in fact i just scored a Bullseye/Araya wheelset that does not have eyelets. why not run it? looks to me that they will work just fine.

Sette

They look good so im gona run them.