FAT tid bit

Kirk Shell

I noticed something interesting last night. My wife picked up a book she spotted at the library. "Mountain Biking the Washington DC / Baltimore Area". It's the fourth edition of a book by Scott Adams and Martin Fernandez. Publisher: Falcon - A Falcon Guide. Decent book with facts, maps and info for area parks and cycling trails. Even has a splash of history for some of the areas. Probably others published for major metro areas.

I was looking at the cover, which has a side view of someone riding a nice hard tail with mountains in the background. I took a closer look at the bike and noticed it looked a lot my my Yo. Looked even closer and low and behold, I think it is a Yo Eddy. got out the magnifying glass and definetly looks like Fat written on the down tube. Even has an old rock shok like my old 93 Mag 21.:cool:

Attachments

• Fat on book cover scan.jpg
    Fat on book cover scan.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 32

IF52

Ha-ha, that's kind of neat.

I recall in a former life I was into a specific make of automobile and on that car's forum sometimes a thread would start calling out all the movies and TV spottings of the specific model.

dan_hudson

Not a surprise. Martin is a long-time Fat fan. Still has a Yo which sees the trails occasionally. MD/VA-related Fat trivia... When in the leadership of the DC-area MTB club, MORE, in the mid 90's Martin convinced Fat to donate a frame as a fundraiser for some new trails. Ever wonder why there is a trail called "Shock-A-Billy" at Fountainhead?

Kirk Shell

Not a surprise. Martin is a long-time Fat fan. Still has a Yo which sees the trails occasionally. MD/VA-related Fat trivia... When in the leadership of the DC-area MTB club, MORE, in the mid 90's Martin convinced Fat to donate a frame as a fundraiser for some new trails. Ever wonder why there is a trail called "Shock-A-Billy" at Fountainhead?

Dan Dude, your right down the street!

Maybe that's Martin on the cover? I've been to Fountainhead once. I don't believe we made it to the Shock-A-Billy trail. My 13 year old son and I loved it there. I had to get out quick though, cause my 11 year old daughter was along for the ride on her 20 inch wheeled 6 speed Trek MT60. I didn't want to carry her, her bike and my bike out of that park all at once. By the way, there was an ambulance leaving the parking lot when we arrived and another coming in when we left a hour later.

Cheers!
Kirk.