Another Yo! Restoration

mcgurme

Hey all,
I've been anxiously awaiting restoration of my '91 Yo, being done by Rody/Groovy Cycle Works. Among other things, the bike had a rusted out seat tube that he replaced, and was missing her original forks. See the "before" pictures here.

Today I got the pix. I think the bike looks great. Rody is not altogether happy with the job he did due to some extenuating circumstances (I need the bike for a race in two weeks, so there's no time for a re-do), so I post these with that caveat - it's not up to his own standards.

The fork was built by Rody, too.

I'll post more when I have her in my hands and built up!

Morgan

Attachments

• IM000468.JPG
    IM000468.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IM000470.JPG
    IM000470.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IM000471.JPG
    IM000471.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IM000472.JPG
    IM000472.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 47

Jack Lantern

Very nice! Always refreshing to see someone having fun with the paint scheme. I like all the resto's I've seen but yours is definitely one of the cooler ones. Like Lucifer said, very indicative of the era built.

mcgurme

Thanks, guys, for the compliments. It took me a long time to figure out what color scheme to go with, and Rody had lots of patience along the way. Plus, the bike was in pretty bad shape when I sent it to him... On top of that, both bike and new fork were damaged by shippers (before painting), necessitating emergency repairs.. Last I heard from Rody, he'd pulled an all nighter to get the repairs and paint finished. I hope he's okay - I haven't heard from him today... but all told, I think he did a great job. Assuming I have all the parts I need (I think I do, cross fingers!), I'll get her built up the day I recieve her and take her out for a long training ride. I'll post pictures of the build (but fair warning, it will only partly be "period" and partly newer stuff).

Morgan

mcgurme

Update on Yo rebuild

Hey,
I got the frame in hands from Rody last weekend, kudos to him for all his last-minute work to make it happen.

Here's the latest picture of the build. I have a couple issues still to resolve. One is, while I really like the positions and power available with the On One Midge bar, it is a PITA to get the right stem height. Right now I have a Delta Stem Riser on the bike, which nears blasphemy on this frame, so I'm searching for alternatives (maybe a custom stem, I've found one reputable shop that willd build one so far). The other issue is the forks, but I started a separate thread about that.. the Indy XC's won't stay - they work OK, but they are cheap and don't match the paint job! Most of the time I plan to ride a sweet rigid fork that Rody built (in matching color), but for long rides, I'm still searching for a good suspension option.

Oh yeah, and the handlebar tape will be going over to purple and pink soon!

Morgan

Attachments

• yo-eddy.jpg
    yo-eddy.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 27

rody

EEEGAD, that stem combo is a bit unappealing...check your email, will sort ya out.

BTW, nice to see it dirty ;)

cheers,

rody

settemarche

i will second Rody - that stem is hiddy.

however, it being a fresh resto it looks pretty dirty. i like that. makes me feel a bit like a lamer - i freak over a bit of dust!

Sette