a little Yo info for a noob...

guyplaysbass

I just picked up what appears to be '93 Team Fat Chance Yo Eddy, serial #566Y3M. The paint is a green to blue fade. I'd like to know what that particular paint job is called. I'm also trying to get a rough idea of what it might be worth. I'll snap some pics and post them in the next day or two. Any info you guys could help me out with sure would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

out- Guy

bruce t

Congrats on the frame! If it has the rigid fork, that by itself is getting to be worth a lot of cash. But condition, and the parts selection will also play a big role. Looking forward to pix!

Cheers, bt

guyplaysbass

parts...

It currently has an old suspension fork on it but it came with the original matching rigid. It's spec'd with a Suntour groupo and Synchros stem and seat post. Non-original parts would be a Ritchey WCS flat bar and a rear XT/Mavic wheel. I should have pics up by late tonight!

out- Guy

guyplaysbass

pics!!!

Here it be... I've done nothing but take off the wheels and seat as the former owner wanted to keep the said seat and tires (I still have the wheelset). Let me know what y'all think!

site1098.jpg

site1099.jpg

site1100.jpg

site1101.jpg

site1102.jpg

site1103.jpg

site1104.jpg

site1105.jpg

fat-tony

Staff member
nice, but.........

Nice score there and you have the matching rigid fork, but never ever, ever take a photo of a FAT Chance leaned up against a trash can (it just ain't right!) ;)

Welcome

P.S. Melvin was correct. After reviewing your photos it is indeed an aqua fade paint scheme.

Last edited:

guyplaysbass

never ever, ever take a photo of a FAT Chance leaned up against a trash can (it just ain't right!) ;)

It's a "Yard Debri" container, not a trash can! We're a little crazy about recycling here in Portland ;) Any idea on what this bike is worth? Sight unseen I've got two people making me offers. I do plan on selling it BTW. Just not sure if I should throw a little love (by love I mean $$$) into it first. I'd appreciate some oppinions on the matter.

out- Guy

colker

a medium 93 sommerville yo eddy w/ matching yo eddy fork.. not the big one in fork. hard to say how much it's worth. there is no fixed price to it. was it fat tony who just bought a 93 yo? it's in a better shape. PM him.. from what he paid you will get a notion of what to ask.

settemarche

the Doors had no bass,

Protocol for selling Fat Chance bikes:

step 1. ask me if i would like to purchase the bike first.

step 2. offer bike to other Fatcog members.

step 3. be vigilent on steps 1 and 2. then and only then shall it be allowed on eBay.

i'll be awaiting that PM on the frame sale ;-)

Cordially,

Sette