• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Relisted! - Team Fat Chance - Yo Eddy

MKT

Hi All, looks like I was priced too high. I took the bike in to Bicycle John's in North Hollywood and asked John what was a fair price because there have been no takers so far. He said given that the frame is in cherry condition but that the parts spec is not completely original $1,400 was too high and that $1,000 would be a very fair price for both parties. He said be firm at $1,000, but I'm a reasonable guy - if you are interested, let me know what you are thinking.

Here are the details again:

Small/Medium Saratoga built ('94 -'99)

Amazing condition!!! Original paint, no dents, minor scratches (main scratch on rear triangle is shown in photos). This bike looks shiny and new! It was barely ridden by the original owner mostly on bike paths and then sat in his garage for a decade or more. I bought it from him last year and had it professionally tuned-up including a complete fork service. (It had been sitting for so long in his garage I wanted it to be ready for the trail.) I thought I was going to ride it a lot so I swapped the stem, bars and seatpost to make it fit me better, but unfortunately I have to sell it. The bike has maybe 40 miles on it since I went thought and set it up it last year. I hate to sell it because it is a classic and it rides so sweet that I can’t believe it, but I have to let it go - the size is not quite right for me, I’m too busy to ride it in the foreseeable future, and could use the funds).

Thanks for looking!

Serial number – YO SM 1149
Fork: - Rock Shox Judy SL (looks brand new!)
Handlebars – Loaded AmXc
Stem – Easton EA70
Headset – King Sealed NoThreadSet
Bar Ends – Braids Jr. (carbon, will include)
Grips – Yeti (original came with bike)
Brakes - Shimano Deore XT
Shifters - SRAM ESP 9.0
Front Derailleur - Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur – SRAM ESP 9.0
Crankset - Shimano XTR
Freewheel - Shimano Hyperglide (13-30)
Hubs – Parallax (front), Shimano Deore LX (rear)
Rims - Mavic XC138
Seatpost - FSA
Saddle - WTB
Pedals – Crank Brothers Candy (will include)

Attachments

• P1110632.jpg
    P1110632.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P1110631.jpg
    P1110631.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 34
  • P1110635.jpg
    P1110635.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P1110645.jpg
    P1110645.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P1110637.jpg
    P1110637.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18
  • P1110651.jpg
    P1110651.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P1110640.jpg
    P1110640.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1110646.jpg
    P1110646.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 23
  • P1110633.jpg
    P1110633.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1110647.jpg
    P1110647.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 22

rody

Hmm, over 130 views and nobody has stepped up yet, so here goes...

MKT, unfortunately for you, you have a few hurdles in front of you pulling in your desired asking price.

While a nice frame, it can be tough to find someone willing to pay a premium price for such a small size, as most on here would be shopping for such an offering for their wives or small children. As a Saratoga build, it is very good quality, but does not have the same mystic the Mass. frames seem to possess with collectors, therefore bringing a few less dollars in the open collectors market.

That being said, as one who appreciates vintage rides, I'd have to say that the frame is the only appealing part of this build...the balance of the parts would be tossed in a corner or sold off, making it tough to justify the asking price. As a complete bike, I think you'd be in the ball park asking 600 - 650 plus shipping.

As much as I hate suggesting this, your best option to gain the most money from this bike is to part it out. You could probably pull 400 from the frame as it is in such nice shape, and then close the gap on your thousand bucks by selling the parts individually on a large auction site. More work for you, but it will yield the highest opportunity for monetary gain.

Good luck finding a suitable home for your Fat, it deserves to live on under a happy collector.

cheers,

rody

MKT

Thanks, Rody!

Appreciate your info and I get what you are saying. I'm not trying to make a bundle here, just looking for a fair price. I thought I had something more than I actually do I guess. I originally found the website when I got the bike and I was told I had something really rare and nice so I assumed it was worth all the money.

Having said that, I'm not inclined to piece this thing out - I just don't have the time. It is up on ebay right now, but if someone is willing to pay $700 for it (reserve price) - SOLD!!! Otherwise, I'll wait until the auction ends and if it does not sell, I will re-list it at your recommended price ($650) and will hope that someone is interested.

Thanks a lot for giving me the feedback.
MT

tvcreative

Have faith...

I think its well worth 700 bucks. If i hadn't bought so many over the last couple of months, I would be all over this for my wife...

do you have the auction open to Europeans?

I think you have to be patient.

Jim

MKT

Thanks for the encouragement...

Jim, thanks for the vote of confidence. I would like to think it is worth at least that. However, my patience is being balanced by the fact that I would like to go for a ride on a mountain bike since I've had so much fun on the Yo Eddie recently. But, I need to purchase one with the money from this sale. Otherwise, I'm stuck riding only my road bike...

I don't know if the auction is open to Europeans or not? I haven't sold many things on ebay and didn't notice a field where I would specify that it is or isn't. I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks a lot!
Mark

StarTREK

Hi!
I wonder if you send to Spain, I like the bike for my youngest son, he owns a Fat Monster size sm, he likes the Yo Eddy in Chameleon

MKT

I don't see why not?

Hi, As long as shipping arrangements are not too much of an inconvenience, I'm happy to ship it to you. Can you inform me on how I would need to do this?

Thanks!
Mark

rody

Mark,

I do a LOT of international shipping, here's the skinny...

Break the bike up into two boxes...one for the frame/fork and one for the wheels and extras. Cut the boxes down to the tightest fit possible with adequate packing, no loose items floating around. It is cheaper to send two smaller, tightly packed boxes than one large one, as the dimensional size/weight will kill you at the register. This also helps meet the package entry restrictions for many EU countries.

The most economical way to ship is by USPS first class mail. Have the clerk help you fill out the required forms. If you plan to insure the items (which you should include in the price of shipping), make sure the declared value is comparable for both your and the buyers protection. The buyer will have to pay VAT, but how much they get stung on receipt is variable and depends often on the country.

Email the parcel system numbers to the sellers, as they can have their local post office "track" it's movement. Not as good as UPS or Fed EX tracking, but can help you keep dibs on the shipment.

Finally, avoid shipping on a Monday or Friday, as the glaring looks from the line waiting behind you for the one available clerk will begin to hurt after the first 15 minutes of working through your international shipping transaction.

Good luck,

rody

MKT

Thank you again!

Rody and Everyone (PM's), Thanks very much for all the help and suggestions. It is much appreciated. I'd like to ride with you all one day...

kevinwulf

Best way is to send by shipito.com (out of California) or myus.com (out of Florida). They use Fedex and UPS, so you get a bike in less than a week with tracking etc. It's been over a year since I used either of those services but you're normally looking at a cost of $150 for a frameset and about $250 for a complete to Australia. Probably cheaper to Europe?

Best thing is that the seller just has to send it to Cali or Florida and not deal with customs forms and regulations and all that crap. The buyer has to do all that stuff.

I've used both in the past and recommend them.

Now, if only someone had a L/XL Fat for sale, I'm itching to use those services again...

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Filling out a customs form isn't all that difficult. But I guess if you were dealing with a difficult seller a relay service might make sense.