My Buddys YO

BostonBobby

This is my buddys YO. Full shimano xtr syncros and race face bars- He damaged the seat post hole a bit chipping the stuck moby post out!:( But still a sweeet bike. Too bad the seat posts are known to get stuck in the fats. Even mine was a problem getting out and i scratched the paint off my Silver moby ringle post getting it out. Boy I miss the good ole days when Fats were all over Boston! Now its like seeing a unicorn. He thinks I was crazy taking pics of his bike. To him its just a bike! Its silver on one side black on the other with spins on it. I got a pair of spins to copy him on my silver yo when its ready. what u guys think about the spins on it? here are a few pics. He also has a 1989 purple wicked all salsaed but i was so busy with yo i forgot to get photos.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

BostonBobby

DONT EVERYONE COMMENT AT ONCE... I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO APPRECIATTED THE BRAND- BUT ALL I BEEN SEEING LATLEY IS A BUNCH OF PEOPLE TRYING TO FLIP BIKES AND GAUGING THE PRICES OF BIKES THEY "WERE GIVEN"- JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE MONEY INSTEAD OF APPRECIATION LOYALTY AND REPSECT COMES FIRST! BUT THATS JUST MY TAKE ON IT. THE LAST 5 OR 6 POSTS WERE ABOUT "HOW MUCH THIS IS WORTH" NONESENSE!!!!!:mad: LMAO Maybe im just obssed. and it isnt just with Fats-
its with all vintage mountain bikes and some racers. I just cant get enough of them idk if im trying to re live my childhood and own each bike i couldnt afford as a teen or what- it may be time for fat chance therapy! Ive only seen one fat in boston in the past 10 years and it was the camo one i took a picture of and of all places it was parked outside the pine st inn- bostons homeless palace. maybe i shoulda left a note on it sying i would buy it? is anyone else this obssed or is it just me? searching craigslist and ebay EVERYDAY!? LMAO

Last edited:

northerndave

Nice. Not sure about the wheels though, needs something less exotic i think. The Black Harlequin paint it nice too, don't see to many of those.

Zamfir

Guess i'll offer up an opinion, for what it's worth.

Stunning bike and that paint, wow. This is part of what we like about these bikes, they have both show and go appeal.

Personally I think the wheels look out of place, too modern looking for my eyes.

If I were to build this bike up I would probably go with Silver rims, black hubs/nipples, silver seatpost, and Flite seat.

Cheers