Front Shock For Yo Eddy (1" Steerer Tube)

Shane

Hi I have a '93 Yo Eddy size small. Need shock w/ threadless 1 inch steerer to replace my '95 Judy SLs.

can't have too much travel or the geometry of the frame will get screwed up. I have been searching online and haven't found anything yet. maybe a marzocchi bomber or something would work.

also don't want to replace a worn out fork with another worn out fork so maybe new old stock would work?

a place in Idaho called Hippietech can refurbish the shock i have but it will take a least a month and i don't want the bike to be out of commission for that long.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shane

Butcher

Any luck yet?

Your Judy SL is a good one to rebuild. A Manitou 4 would be sweet if you can find an NOS or very nice one. There is a kit out there where you can add a damping kit with spring upgrades for the old Manitou forks too.

There is a reason why so many of us like to ride our Fat's with a rigid fork, the handling is out of this world. If you get frustrated perhaps you should try going rigid? At least it would buy you time while you get your Judy rebuilt. On my rigid Fats I like to run a 2.5" UST tire at 25 psi for nasty rocky trails and it works pretty dang good.

settemarche

Shane,

just send the fork off to Hippie. the bike will be down for sure. but, the result will better than you could hope for. Hippie has done many forks for me. granted, the guy takes time. but the results are sweet. way better than original.

best case you would have been to send the fork during winter when things are slow. but i think the cost is going to be better than buying a NOS Judy. a used one in good shape just sold for $278. or something on eBay. there is no way a rebuild is going to cost that much.

best of luck,

Sette

Shane,
All a Judy SL is inside is elatromers! Basically a lot of junk. Go on ebay. There is a guy selling gas cartridge replacements for the SL's and I've asked him for a 60mm before and he has em. They look sweet.

Dr S

I ran a Judy DH with long travel kit on my last Yo and will be doing the same on my new one. I liked the slightly slacker head angle, in fact I'm finding the new one with the BOI a bit of a handful on my local stuff. The Judy was great and by the time you took sag into consideration it was not too much higher at the front. Kinda handles in that sweet spot between a Yo and a Wicked if you know what I meen??

Cheers
Si