• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Team Chance

TA2UDE

Ok I am considering selling my Team Chance Mountain Bike I bought it 15 or 20 years ago and at that time it was pretty high end. It has original shimano deore lx shifters and derailers, Ritchy headset and bars, texan seat ,mavic rims chrome moly frame.
It has been well used and shows wear but everything functions perfectly.
Edited to add asking price as per forum rules.
Lets say $400 obo

CIMG0305.jpg

CIMG0304.jpg

CIMG0303.jpg

CIMG0302.jpg

CIMG0301.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

CIMG0299.jpg

Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Two things of note... one, you must have asking prices in all sales threads, no exceptions.

Two, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the "Team Chance" was an Asian made knock-off for the Canadian market. It was a Fat City bike, technically, because Chris approved of the bike, but I have heard form more than one source that it was a decision he always regretted. The bike is not a true American-made Fat Chance, by the standards of most people here.

In my experience, the prices of these is 20-40% of the value of the Massachusettes and NY-made bikes. If you do a search here for "team chance" you will find out a lot about the history of this bike.

TA2UDE

Thanks for the info Doug.
I did a search here and didn't find much, but a google search found exactly what you said. Built in Asia and sold to me and my fellow Canuckleheads only. Probably not gonna sell it here but if anyone is interested make an offer.
I did just take it for a quick ride and it shifted flawlessley and felt great.
Cheers!!!

mainlyfats

For those completists - I'm looking at you Rick! - it looks like it's in pretty decent shape.

We've talked about that bike a fair bit on these forums. I always identified it with the Concorde brand (which would probably make it a Veltec product), and know that you could buy them at Sport Swap on Yonge in Toronto.

rick

Hey Mainly Fats,

thanks for the heads up, but we already have of these bikes in our family. It is the go-to bike for one of our daughters, currently set up as a SS.

These bikes are an interesting bit of history.

rick

mainlyfats

Hey Mainly Fats,

thanks for the heads up, but we already have of these bikes in our family. It is the go-to bike for one of our daughters, currently set up as a SS.

These bikes are an interesting bit of history.

rick

Of course you already have one! How on earth could I have doubted?

TA2UDE

I think you did really well with what you had. Congrats!

In reality I am sure they got the bike for next to nothing as they just didn't make quite as much on the new one as they normally would have. He said he was going to hang it on the wall as part of his "collection" this being a "vintage" mountain bike.