Fat Chance Titanium

Hiya folks,

This bike is at this stage. Kinda dry fitted parts for the most. I recently saw some new pictures of Chris's own current retro ride. I'm looking to do a repro of his bike. At the moment it was getting close to the '99 catolog image.

I'm thinking of sourcing some parts to both finish the bike and mirror some details on his bike. Can we work out what semi slick tyres he is using. Also what model is the Cane Creek headset?

I'm really in need of a SID fork (The one dry fitted, is a SID lower just slid onto a judy crown assembly for pics). I'm also on the hunt for some red Onza CWA barends.

Seen that his bike has onza grips and a Mavic Crossmax wheelset. I'm trying to mirror the wheel set with CK classics, spokes and rims in black. The Avid brakeset and Gripshift are might be tough to source. In theme with the catolog i've tried to source a 952 group with Raceface cranks.

Any feedback regarding the actual bike would be most welcomed.

Cheers Alan

LeeDumler

Chris is a friend. He dropped his bike off to me a couple days before Interbike so I could tune and detail it for the show. The bike came back this week and is currently sitting at the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame, where I also volunteer. I'll be there tomorrow, so I can get you a full spec list.

I also have a set of the same Crossmax wheels he has. Maybe we could work a wheel trade.

Hiya LD,

A run down on the parts would be cool. I've spotted a number of parts but curious of others.
What B/B is running the RaceFace crank. Also is it 8 or 9 speed?
What model of pedals ... look like M770.
Grips and tyres also.

Cheers Alan