• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1999-ish Fat Chance Bro Eddy.

mkedave

For sale is my 1999-ish Fat Chance Bro Eddy.

I've never seen another Bro Eddy here in the Midwest. And, it's rare that I see them even listed for sale. That notwithstanding, you should know that this bike is a beast.

I can’t explain how fun this bike has been. Certainly, mountain bikes have only gotten lighter and faster over the past decade, but this one keeps up. I ride Midwestern, fairly technical, singletrack trails. It hops, it stops, it goes where you point it. And, nowadays, when you’re at the trailhead, the people who really “get it” will look at the bike – then look at you - and smile.

The frame is a Medium/Large, if you believe the serial number, which is: BE ML 30. This is, as I've measured it to be, about a 17.5" frame. (PM if you want photos of measurement). This is a Saratoga-made frame in the beautiful sapphire purple color. I’m 6’ at about 195lbs. That should tell you that this bike is built tough.

I’ve fitted this bike with a smattering of parts that just, flat out, work hard – and continue to keep working hard. This isn’t the lightest bike, but it’s never broken down. Grip shift (shifters and derailleurs) with Time ATC pedals (you’ll never find a better pair of pedals, IMHO) and Shimano XT cranks and a mix of XT and Avid v-brakes. Chris King headset, Rock Shox SID fork and Mavic CrossLand wheels (I can throw in an Avid cable-actuated front disc break set-up that’ll mate to the wheel).

Last time I rode this bike hard was an X-Terra in 2013. It deserves better.

Asking $780 and I’ll ship it to your door.

Attachments

• FCBE_1.jpg
    FCBE_1.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 156
  • FCBE_2.jpg
    FCBE_2.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 98
  • FCBE_3.jpg
    FCBE_3.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 88
  • FCBE_4.jpg
    FCBE_4.jpg