• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1984 #7 Frame and fork

billkillohill

This bike was given in trade to the photographer who shot the catalog and I bought it from him soon after. BB stamped 847 which Chris confirms is frame #7 from 1984. Reynolds fork blades and Reynolds butted top and down tubes. Not the earliest but not many this old to be had. I'm not a collector, just happened to be there at the time, and this should go to someone who can build it back up. Really hard to price a thing like this. I'll ask $1,500.

Attachments

• fat2.JPG
    fat2.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 145
  • fat4.JPG
    fat4.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 109
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 109
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 100
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 106

mainlyfats

Very cool... What is the measurement from the middle of the spindle to the middle of the top tube following the seat tube?

billkillohill

Happy to Mike. See attached. I should also say that my goal in this is to end up with a CX bike - my addiction may be different than yours but a bike addiction none the less - so if want to talk trade, I'm open to that idea too.

Attachments

• fullframe.JPG
    fullframe.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 65

MikeyNYC

Very cool. No idea on the actual current value, but I don't recall seeing a frame/fork like this one go for close to your asking price.

MikeyNYC

What range have you been seeing price-wise?

I sold one of my own complete bikes within the past 2-3 years, that has a frame/fork very similar to that one, but it was a 1984 not a 1983, and it went for somewhere between $1200 and like maybe like $1350 (I really don't recall) but that was a complete bike with almost all original parts including some really OG Cook Bros cranks and it was in pretty decent shape.

IMG01751-20110904-1411.jpg

And this totally restored 1983 was sold (by me) for about $900 but it was free of any rust or structural mysteries:

IMG_1749.jpg

I would say that $550-750 is a fair price for that frame/fork, but what do I know.