• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1992 Monster Fat

Georgia Cracker

I am the original owner of this frame, bought new at Bicycle South in Decatur, GA, and yes I still have the receipt. I used frame saver before building it up, and it has no rust, no dents, no structural issues. It does have scratches in the paint and decals, but no rust in the scratches. The paint is original, purple, still has some shine, size is medium, s/n 055M2M. It has been through many iterations over the years and I have enjoyed every one, but I am at an age now (60, where did the years go?) where my back appreciates full suspension when I hit the trails. Please email for photos, I can't figure out how to make them small enough to be acceptable to this site. I can deliver within 100 miles of Atlanta, or ship at your expense from a local bike shop. I am willing to take it to any local shop you choose for inspection, but any cost is on you. Right now it has a Girvin fork, which seems to be the best because it does not jack up the front of the bike and change geometry as much as a regular suspension fork does. Of course I also have available the Tange Strut fork to go with it. Current specs:

fork: Girvin, Dirt Works spring, oil in cartridge just changed to 10wt earlier this year.
bar: Titec HellBent, Salsa grips
stem: Tioga
shift/brake: first generation XTR 8spd
der: LX front and rear (which is a 9spd)
crank: LX 22-32-42
pedals: well used Time ATAC, or you can have first gen LX SPD
brakes: Avid Tri-Align
front wheel: Phil Wood suspension hub, 32 DT revolution spokes, Bontrager BCX rim,
Salsa qr,Kenda Nevegal Stick-E 2.1 tire
rear wheel: XT hub, 32 DT revolution spokes, Mavic X222 rim, Salsa qr, Maxxis CrossMark 2.1, XT cassette 11-32
bottom bracket: Shimano UN71
headset: Ritchey WCS
seatpost: Kalloy UNO, not fancy but light and I never bent it
saddle: WTB Rocket V
bottle cage: water snake

bike as built with additional Tange fork $650
as built without Tange fork $575
If interested please email me: grosselle at hotmail dot com

TeddVanB

Tange strut

I realize this is a very old post, but do you happen to have the Tange fork available still?

Georgia Cracker

Since no one wanted to buy the bike when I offered it for sale I pulled the Girven fork and sold it and re-installed the Tange fork. I enjoy riding this configuration.