Rider weight limit for a Slim Chance?

d3f3nd3r

Embarrassing to have to ask but does anyone familiar with them remember if there was a rider weight limit on the Slim frames circa 1994?

I recall around the time of the 10th Anniversary Fats Chris said the upper limit was 180# or so bc the tubing was so fine.

I am about a Deuce and a half (245).

Thanks,

Fatter Fat Fan.

mainlyfats

With a steel frame, I imagine any weight limits were more about warranty than safety.

Since you're on your own warranty-wise, the test for me would be: can I ride it without always having the chainrings rub the front derailleur when I'm out of the saddle?

If so, ride on, store it indoors and you're good to go. :beer:

I-ROBOT

STEEL IS REAL, DESIGNED TO GO FAST, WELDED TO LAST!!

You could weigh 2450.

Worry more about your wheels

Enjoy
Scott

d3f3nd3r

Thanks Scott.

Took me so damn long to find this Slim and apparently I had been eating along the way I just wanted to make sure you factored in my girth making these frames.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yo... no way bro, its a 53cm but I've been pining for this frame and color pretty much since I saw one hanging in Chris's office in Somerville

RobTu

STEEL IS REAL, DESIGNED TO GO FAST, WELDED TO LAST!!

You could weigh 2450.

Worry more about your wheels

Enjoy
Scott

Sig worthy right there :):beer:

Thanks Scott.

Took me so damn long to find this Slim and apparently I had been eating along the way I just wanted to make sure you factored in my girth making these frames.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yo... no way bro, its a 53cm but I've been pining for this frame and color pretty much since I saw one hanging in Chris's office in Somerville

A 53cm drool...I want one bad. Post pics and enjoy!