Wtb/wttf fat chance fork

dubya

I'm looking for a 1988ish Fat Chance or Wicked unicrown fork, maybe a Tange Struts segmented fork or 1988 Specialized Direct Drive fork.

I also need a pair of black Fat Chance handlebars as well as a Salsa 1" roller stem with decent rise and under 120mm in length.

I have a M/L 1993 Yo Eddy frame id possibly trade if I could get the Fat fork, bars and Salsa stem all at once.

Last edited:

dubya

I forgot to mention that I'd love to pick up some Fat Chance bars as well. One set would be awesome, but I could use two sets (yeah i know).

colker

The Fat Chance had a 2.0 rake if i am not mistaken.. Unlike the wicked fork which was 1.75.
They may look similar but the ride will be different.
The wicked fork was sometime made by Fat Chance and later was just a tange fork. They are basically the same unicrown w/1.75in rake that everybody else used.
Sooo.... check these facts. I may be wrong but i may be right and you should get an older 2.0 rake fork, from whatever brand you find. It´s the rake and trail which must be faithfull to specs.

colker

The Fat Chance had a 2.0 rake if i am not mistaken.. Unlike the wicked fork which was 1.75.
They may look similar but the ride will be different.
The wicked fork was sometime made by Fat Chance and later was just a tange fork. They are basically the same unicrown w/1.75in rake that everybody else used.
Sooo.... check these facts. I may be wrong but i may be right and you should get an older 2.0 rake fork, from whatever brand you find. It´s the rake and trail which must be faithfull to specs.

BTW.. i have a wicked fork almost NOS sitting around .... but it´s not what you want.

dubya

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware the rake was different. You are correct that I need a 2" rake fork and I do have one I'm going to paint yellow if I can't find a Fat Chance fork. The one I have isn't marked and I'm not sure what it came off of.

colker

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware the rake was different. You are correct that I need a 2" rake fork and I do have one I'm going to paint yellow if I can't find a Fat Chance fork. The one I have isn't marked and I'm not sure what it came off of.
I have seen vintage wickeds w/ all kinds of forks: bontrager, tange, rock shox.. so your fork could fit nicely on that frame.

dubya

I have seen vintage wickeds w/ all kinds of forks: bontrager, tange, rock shox.. so your fork could fit nicely on that frame.

I got the first coat of yellow on it last night. It's a bit heavy but it looks the part and should be close to the same geo so it'll work for now.

colker

I got the first coat of yellow on it last night. It's a bit heavy but it looks the part and should be close to the same geo so it'll work for now.

If you fall in love w/ the ride you can always have a lighter fork made w/ the same specs. It´s not a museum piece. I like old bikes being resto and ridden.

dubya

Photobucket link is bad? It works for me, maybe because it's my bucket. I'm not sure how to post pics any other way

colker

Need fat bars and Salsa roller stem as well. Offering a Yo Eddy frame for all 3 parts needed.

why don´t you do a repro fat hbar? It´s just an aluminum tube and a decal. You only need to know the exact bend and length.