• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1992 Chris Chance Road Frame and Fork

hogplt

Its time to part with my old friend. I am the original owner, purchased while I was living in Somerville, MA during grad school. It has been ridden on and off for the past 20+ years until I finally bought a new frameset and retired this one.

Paint job is "Harlequin Fade" and is in excellent condition. no rust, no major chips, never crashed. Size: 58 cm. Price: $800.00

****SOLD****

Attachments

• frame_fork.jpg
    frame_fork.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 106
  • frame_left.jpg
    frame_left.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 90
  • frame_right.jpg
    frame_right.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

I-ROBOT

Why did ya have to be so dam tall?!?!?! just kidding of course

Take good care of her Frank

Scott

I-ROBOT

It has the Somerville decal on the seat tube, I honestly don't remember about dropouts but it's likely that Chris got away from the adjustable horizontal (traditional) road bike rear drops (I never liked them - they welded like crap). Verify the serial number with the seller. I don't think NY ever built segmented forks for any road frames they produced, but I have no first-hand knowledge.

Scott

Haha, thanks Scott. Did you weld any vertical dropouts in Somerville or is this def a NY bike?

Hogpit- I PMed you, still interested if you still have it?

Thanks Scott. Yeah I've had 2 Somerville Slims (a 92, and a 93), one with the segmented fork which was too small, and the other I ride everyday to work. Great bike.

I thought maybe this one could have been either a repaint, or perhaps one of the last bikes you guys did, perhaps shipped half complete to NY before finishing.

Still waiting on the serial, we'll see what's what!

Stingercut

Hate it when this happens. It should be offered to the true fans on here first. That way we can pass it around when the time comes ;)

Yes, very excited. The bike is serial number 033c48, so it was built in 1994 for model year 1995 I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong Scott, since it is a Chris Chance and has vertical rear dropouts. 95 was the first year for both according to the catalogs. So excited to get this thing together and ride. I ride my 93 slim everyday.