Looking for new bottom bracket for my Wicked

Alexis

Hello!

A bit of help needed....

I managed to get hold of a black Wicked frame (# 13099W) with siezed in and worn press fit bearings. Soaked and removed, these are marked on the red seals NTN s00228lu and there is a retaining c-clip on each side of the BB shell and the shell itself seems to be only 63mm wide which seems bizarre.

I know this topic has been covered in older threads but wondered if there are any UK specific up to date options for replacing the BB without spending a fortune.

I am really excited to build up my first Fat Chance and may start selling other bikes and bits to finance.

Thanks for your eyes and minds!

:santa:

Stingercut

Press fit bearings

There was a UK seller on Retrobike a few months back offering these but you can get them easily here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282248668271

NEW FAT CITY Cycles press-in bottom bracket bearings (CHANCE press-fit)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alexis

Thanks for this!

Very useful but do you know:

-if the internal diameter suits the original spindle which i have

-do i also need to source or fabricate the locking collars that prevent the axle drifting left or right when riding.

Cheerz!

Stingercut

It should do. I bought bearings from that seller and had no issues. Type 'Axle locking collar' into ebay search and plenty of results pop up. Plenty of threads on making or modifying them. :beer: