What would you do?

BillyD

I sent my 91 wicked to be fixed and repainted in October. I talked to the person doing the work regularly almost each month. Last month I sent the person $279 and have not heard from them since? What would you do?

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hmmm... I can tell you first hand, painters and artist-type guys are generally flakey, and hard to keep on a schedule. My guess is that you will get your paint job back in triple the time you expected but the quality will be really high. They have a knack for doing things like that.

We had a car painted once that was supposed to take a month. It took over a year, but the results won the Chicago Hot Rod World of Wheels Best Paint 3 years straight. Go figure.

Keep hounding him. Once a week, then once a day. Tell him you are going to call him every day until he gets it done. They hate that the most, and want to get you off their back as soon as possible. He'll paint it right quick.

BillyD

Thanks Doug.
I called and left a message today. But I wasn't able to personally talked to him(machine). Also sent and email.

I quess it was all ready to be sent a month ago, but he notice a blemish while packing it up to send to me. At that point he decided it was best to repaint the whole frame.

I was hoping to get it back to ride this summer, oh well.

I just hope I get it back. I am a little nervous that I may never see this frame again.