Mint 1993 Yo in S/M

jbrannsten

Staff member
Hey..here she is...

A friend of mine had two Yo's back in the early 90's. One was sold, the other one got the famous rust hole in the seat tube. I bought the frame + fork from him, and it has just been fixed by Chris Igleheart. I will post pics of the bike when I get it. Now it's time to get down to business about this store.

My friend calls me one day and says that a colleague of him has a Yo Eddy. She got it from her boyfriend in 1993 and she was considering to get rid of it. He had been "out of the game" for a long time and asked me what it was worth. Anyway, he ended up buying it ridiculous cheap. After trying to talk him into selling it I finally made it on Saturday, however paying more than twice the prie he paid.

Take a look at it, it looks great. The first owner claimed to have no more than maximum 20 rides on it, whatever you see that might look like dents or anything similar is only the dirt it has gathered throughout the years. I even enclosed a picture of the chain and cassette, it has never been cleaned so it is pretty obvious how little this bike has been ridden. Also, look at the drive side chain stay, not even one sign of chain suck or the chain falling off.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_2939.JPG
    IMG_2939.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    304.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2960.JPG
    IMG_2960.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2951.JPG
    IMG_2951.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

colker

Hey..here she is...

A friend of mine had two Yo's back in the early 90's. One was sold, the other one got the famous rust hole in the seat tube. I bought the frame + fork from him, and it has just been fixed by Chris Igleheart. I will post pics of the bike when I get it. Now it's time to get down to business about this store.

My friend calls me one day and says that a colleague of him has a Yo Eddy. She got it from her boyfriend in 1993 and she was considering to get rid of it. He had been "out of the game" for a long time and asked me what it was worth. Anyway, he ended up buying it ridiculous cheap. After trying to talk him into selling it I finally made it on Saturday, however paying more than twice the prie he paid.

Take a look at it, it looks great. The first owner claimed to have no more than maximum 20 rides on it, whatever you see that might look like dents or anything similar is only the dirt it has gathered throughout the years. I even enclosed a picture of the chain and cassette, it has never been cleaned so it is pretty obvious how little this bike has been ridden. Also, look at the drive side chain stay, not even one sign of chain suck or the chain falling off.

Enjoy!

i have been looking for a small medium Yo it's been a looooooong time. not an easy size to come by.
if you ever decide to sell it send me a PM.

bonsaii

Beautiful!!

Hi Jon!

Congrats on the lates purchace! Really a good one! What's the serial number? I now have nr. 533Y2MS and 539Y2MS from the 1992 Meduim/Small production run, so I wonder if yours is closely related??

-bns

jbrannsten

Staff member
Hi Jon!

Congrats on the lates purchace! Really a good one! What's the serial number? I now have nr. 533Y2MS and 539Y2MS from the 1992 Meduim/Small production run, so I wonder if yours is closely related??

-bns

I'll check it during the evening. At the moment it looks like this will be passed on to my wife. I've been looking for a Yo Betty for her, but those a hard to come by so looks like it'll be a Yo instead:santa:

jbrannsten

Staff member
No, no, Eddy for boys, Betty for girls.
Me short, you tall.

Need I say more? :cool:

I have another s/m coming in. This is the one that has just gotten the seat tube repaired. It is currently in paint, and will be painted in the same color as my car, BMW's Sydney Blue. However, that frame has cost me enormous sums now so if I sell it it'll be expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_2988_s.jpg
    IMG_2988_s.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 11