WTD: 26.4mm Dia Seat Post - Syncros or Similar

nigeh

Hi, I'm after a 26.4mm Dia. Seat post, Syncros or similar quality for my Wicked Fat Chance.

Cheers Nige.

mainlyfats

26.4 Suntour XC

On eBay.com right now. Best seatpost ever made ATMO.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

colker

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upchuck

It's always nice to have someone outing the merchandise. If he wanted it that badly, he could have done the research himself...:mad:

colker

It's always nice to have someone outing the merchandise. If he wanted it that badly, he could have done the research himself...:mad:

yup. a PM would have been nicer... but don't worry, the vultures would have noticed it anyway.

mainlyfats

Outing the merch?

More like broadening the man's horizons. Vintage Syncros vs. NOS Suntour is a no brainer.

What are these boards for if not edification?

fat-tony

Staff member
Edumafukation? I got that in primary school. Once your out, your on you're own...

I guess tonedef_prods is not a member of this board and seems that edification doesn't matter when you are using sniper services. This dude has been buying everything and paying top dollar like there is no tomorrow.

peace out.........

mainlyfats

S/he may well be...

That's a weird post too, isn't it? It's a newer style, but 26.4. What Fat could that go on and be period correct? $122 or whatever was quite a bit more than full-pop retail when new.

As a Canadian it kind of pains me to say that I've never been into Syncros stuff. Loved how light it was (except the cranks - which are anchors) , hated how the seatpost cradles broke and the stems that looked like they were on steroids. The cranks, headsets, and BBs were always struck me as poor cousins to the products they were supposed to rival.

All the Nitto-made Ritchey components - and clearly Suntour XC seatposts - just appeal to me so much more. That's stuff I'd pay full-pop 1989-92 retail for NOS now.

So if s/he's here, what bike's it going on Rockefeller?

fat-tony

Staff member
clearly Suntour XC seatposts - just appeal to me so much more. That's stuff I'd pay full-pop 1989-92 retail for NOS now.QUOTE said:
And that Suntour XC that was called out to the masses was only about 250 mm in length, kind of short for my liking.