Bought a '91 Yo Eddy Frame off of Craigslist today

I have now bought 3 Fats in 2 1/2 months (yes I am hooked!). For some reason they have all been purple! This latest one is an 18" Yo Eddy from '91 that's had a small weld repair where the drive side chain stain attaches to the drop out. Looks like it was done properly. The paint is rough but otherwise the bike looks pretty good. Got it with XT threaded BB, Seat Post, Ringle binder all for $100.

91TeamFatChance.jpg

91TeamFatChance2.jpg

Last edited:

jbrannsten

Staff member
Yea, would be interesting to see the serial number on this one. I've seen '91 Monsters with threaded bb, but never a Yo.

Yea, would be interesting to see the serial number on this one. I've seen '91 Monsters with threaded bb, but never a Yo.
The serial # is 016Z07 actually I beleive this makes it a 1990. Now I am really confused. It's got a bottom bracket installed with cups on either end. Guess I'll have to remove it to see if it's threaded?

Last edited:

RobTu

The serial # is 016Z07 actually I beleive this makes it a 1990. Now I am really confused. It's got a bottom bracket installed with cups on either end. Guess I'll have to remove it to see if it's threaded?

oh, nice, a "z" frame. The only way it is theaded is if it was done so afterwards. I have a 90 "z" frame as well :D

oh, nice, a "z" frame. The only way it is theaded is if it was done so afterwards. I have a 90 "z" frame as well :D
Is there any significance to the "Z"? I'm guessing that I have the 16th Yo Eddy made? On Mombat all of the '90 Yo's end in "Z07"

spinner

Those might be pressed in cups, white ind? My 91 yo has pressed in cups that someone tried to unthread by mistake at one point.

Those might be pressed in cups, white ind? My 91 yo has pressed in cups that someone tried to unthread by mistake at one point.
The cups look like they have tiny little allen bolts at the bottom of each one. You're probably right that's what they are. How do those get removed?