Is this a Wicked and what year?

MikeyNYC

That appears to not be a "Wicked" Fat Chance at all. It's possibly a Fat City Cycles "Fat Chance", which has different geometry than a "Wicked", a bit more relaxed most notably the head angle is probably 69 Degrees as opposed to 71 Degrees for a "Wicked". It also, based on the color is probably a late 1990/Early 1991, which was the last year that the "Fat Chance" model was offered.

dannyg1

Fat City serial numbers are particularly poor at model ID's around this time. In the entire frame registry, there in't an instance I can find of a 'Fat Chance' having an F in the serial, only the Ti-Fat has the f. This bike was sold to me as a Wicked, has the specs of a Wicked and I'm almost positive, is a Wicked.

mainlyfats

Fat City serial numbers are particularly poor at model ID's around this time. In the entire frame registry, there in't an instance I can find of a 'Fat Chance' having an F in the serial, only the Ti-Fat has the f. This bike was sold to me as a Wicked, has the specs of a Wicked and I'm almost positive, is a Wicked.

It's not a Wicked.

I can almost certainly say that the combined brain trust that has responded to your original question has forgotten more about Fat Chance bicycles than you know.

Good luck with an uneducated buyer and thanks for stopping by.

dannyg1

It's not a Wicked.

I can almost certainly say that the combined brain trust that has responded to your original question has forgotten more about Fat Chance bicycles than you know.

Good luck with an uneducated buyer and thanks for stopping by.

That was pretty blunt for a guy so damn sure of himself, yet whom offers no definitive evidence to back it up. Thanks for making things aggressive and for the needless blow off. If there is one of you, or a braintrust, that can offer a definitive answer, with evidence please, I'll be glad to be wrong. Please though, don't insult my intelligence with this kind of belligerent 'help'. I won't suffer a'holes lightly, starting now.

dannyg1

That appears to not be a "Wicked" Fat Chance at all. It's possibly a Fat City Cycles "Fat Chance", which has different geometry than a "Wicked", a bit more relaxed most notably the head angle is probably 69 Degrees as opposed to 71 Degrees for a "Wicked". It also, based on the color is probably a late 1990/Early 1991, which was the last year that the "Fat Chance" model was offered.

Michael,

I should have offered you my thanks for your answer and I'd like to do that now.
Yesterday, I revised my auctions text to include your uncertainty about this bike being a Wicked. I've also included a link to this forum in the original ad and I've posted this question here, running concurrently with the auction, to unabashedly get a definitive answer. In short, I've done all I can think of to insure a transparent fact-finding mission and I'm posting this to make it clear that my intentions are, and have been, good.

MikeyNYC

Michael,

I should have offered you my thanks for your answer and I'd like to do that now.
Yesterday, I revised my auctions text to include your uncertainty about this bike being a Wicked. I've also included a link to this forum in the original ad and I've posted this question here, running concurrently with the auction, to unabashedly get a definitive answer. In short, I've done all I can think of to insure a transparent fact-finding mission and I'm posting this to make it clear that my intentions are, and have been, good.

No sweat, it's not always so easy to figure out what the serial # means, but I have:
1988 Black "Fat Chance" w/Box Crown Fork #: 1085 F
and it's not a Wicked it's definitely a "Fat Chance"

dannyg1

No sweat, it's not always so easy to figure out what the serial # means, but I have:
1988 Black "Fat Chance" w/Box Crown Fork #: 1085 F
and it's not a Wicked it's definitely a "Fat Chance"

Thanks very much then. I've taken down the CL ad and put a revision into the Ebay auction to reflect this, which I do accept as definitive proof.

dannyg1

Cool. Where did you originally buy this bike, was it in NYC?

Nope, the bike's NYC lineage starts with me I bought it from a West Coast Fat Chance devotee years ago. I've got over three times what the things selling for now in it.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Unfortunately, that's usually the nature of the beast, but a lot of auctions make a pretty good jump in the home stretch. Good luck on yours (and to anyone here bidding)!

rick

wicked?

danny,

you have certainly come to the right place for information, but as you have heard, serial numbers are an inexact science. That said, these guys have steered you right, your bike is likely not a Wicked but a "regular" Fat Chance. I believe that the color is called Wild Cherry, good luck with your auction.

rick

Kirk Shell

Even if it's not a Wicked, it's still a nice Fat! My 93 Fat has a similar color this is Candy Wild Cherry.

Good luck with the sale!