• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Nos; syncros titanium 294 seatpost

Robertt8883

(SOLD) MINT SYNCROS TITANIUM (29.4) seatpost & Near Perfect !

Very hard to come by and in this condition $485 plus Ship (PayPal Gift or Add Fees) (SOLD)
Syncros Titanium 29.4 Seatpost
This seatpost is in mint condition
Even though it is Mint and 20 years old it has very minimal signs of any type of use
I paid top dollar but that is what this post is worth,
The price is high yet firm
Shipping will be with tracking number and insurance Included
PAYPAL or CASH in Hand
Will ship to USA $12.95
UK - $25
Canada - $25

(SOLD)

Attachments

• Syncros8.jpg
    Syncros8.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Syncros7.jpg
    Syncros7.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Syncros6.jpg
    Syncros6.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Syncros5.jpg
    Syncros5.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Syncros4.jpg
    Syncros4.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Syncros1.jpg
    Syncros1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Syncros2.jpg
    Syncros2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Syncros3.jpg
    Syncros3.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

mtbmaniac

Even though it is NOS and 20 years old it has very minimal signs of any type of use

I think NOS means new old stock, meaning NEW, that is, NOT USED.

If it been used, then it is not new. You should not sell it as new, you should sell it as used, and lower your price expectation.

Kind regards,

SD92025

If the part has never been installed on a bike it can be stated as new old stock even if there are blemishes. Seller should make clear what the blemishes are. Parts like these sit around for 20 years and may get knocks. Happy riding!

Price seems pretty reasonable for NOS.
I paid $500 for a used one a while back, and had offers of the same from 2 other buyers.
If I had a need, I'd hit it.

Stingercut

Price seems pretty reasonable for NOS.
I paid $500 for a used one a while back, and had offers of the same from 2 other buyers.
If I had a need, I'd hit it.

Exactly. This seller told me he paid the price he is asking for it back in early May, so he's only passing it on for exactly what he paid to a collector - no profit ! There is NO WAY you can get anything custom made to Syncros quality without a long lead time and mega bucks. I know I already tried ;)

Its a must have for a Fat Ti IMO :D

Stingercut

There is a lot more logic to paying top $ for a mint/nos seatpost. Ahem....many of us are not as light as we once were and don't particularly like the idea of the close proximity of our wedding tackle/@$$O and a cheap 'used' seatpost. Ha ha ;)

zonq

About these posts...

Most of the seat posts I have had fail, were made of TI…(Dean, Early Moots, Black Sheep, Sibex) They almost always dimple at the seat collar point, or break at a weld point. The only Ti post really worth owning is an Eriksen or a Moots. Both Retail for about 400 hundred. I would much rather have an old aluminum syncros by my joint, or better yet a thomson a ringle moby is just plain terrible on every level…cracked bolts, smooshed uneven serrations. Vintage that works? Control tech, anything shimano, ritchey (Nitto), Campy, and Ah yes the cheap SR laprade TCO

At the risk of puking yet more unsolicited negative opinions all over Roberts sale thread, I'll add some comments to this list. I've had three Dura-Ace & XTR seatposts that couldn't hold an angle due to those same "smooshed uneven serrations", cracked two heads of Control Tech posts at the welds, Campy's heads were notorious for popping off of their shafts for at least a decade, never seen a 29.4 Ritchey/Nitto, and the TCO was great if you like a 5lb seatpost that rides like an aluminum log. Thomsons are fine, but are not vintage and are not unbreakable either. It's mountain biking, everything breaks. Every Ti post, frame, fork, etc, that I've ever seen break has done so along a weld. Sibex is cheap chinese ti reknown for its seriously spotty quality and years of very public and catastrophic failures in cyclocross and XC racing. Every composite post I've seen break has done so from overtorquing the seat QR...

Syncros' Ti posts are lathed to hold their OD, which also provides an anti-slip surface so you don't have to wail on your seatpin with a monkeywrench to hold it in place. But it is not a thin flimsy piece of junk, and it has no welds or subsequent Heat Affected Zones to crack along. The head is press fit in with both chemical and mechanical locks, and features an external ti reinforcing collar to protect the end of the shaft from the stress of the pressfit. The 2nd and 3rd generation heads such as this one are a pleasure to adjust and are nearly bulletproof. So, reasonably light, tough as nails, don't corrode into your frame, continue the ride quality of Titanium through the frame to the saddle, were handmade by Canadians, and is still the finest post anyone has yet made for a 29.4 seat tube.

What I don't get is the outrage. When we bid to win and buy them for $500, thats a $100 difference between one of these and a Moots (not available in 29.4 anyway), a modern heavy, one-season disposable chinese dropper post, or even just itself at its original non-rare, pre-20 years of inflation retail price. $100. If you don't even like the things, what do you care what we pay for them? I could spend that $100 on a dinner date this weekend, or enjoy a proper Ti post on my favorite bike for the rest of my life.

In getting both of mine this year, I was privy to three others on here this year that sold for the same amount so fast they never even made it to an ad.